Looking for Titanium Scope Rings

Wow those are so expensive! On my upcoming lightweight build I'm going to do titanium bolt arm and knob, and titanium scope rings, aluminum bottom metal and titanium brake.

I will be making the stuff myself though so I haven't looked into who makes titanium rings, I know nightforce makes some though.

Aluminum is lighter than titanium. Best are talley light weights, and for rails you can get many different great aluminum rings. the scope will break long beofre the rings.
SnT

Not to **** in anyone's cheerio's but what it the thought process behind going with Titanium over Aluminum? Strength I can see, but like mentioned above a scope will likely fail before an Aluminum ring. If strength is what you're after, what's the actual weigh savings between Titanium and Steel rings? From a .17HMR to 50 Cal in a Dessert Tech I've never had an Aluminum ring fail. Hawkins makes some of the best rings out there.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts