Looking for suggestions...

AAACinID

Hello Folks,

I'm not as new of a member as I seem to be. I was a member of this forum, some years ago and forgot my login credentials, as I've been away from the shooting industry for the last 8 years or so.

With all of that being said, I'm looking for recommendations for the most accurate AND reliable gas piston .308 platform available. Weight is a concern, as well. I prefer a long stroke system. I've looked at the POF's, PWS's, LWRC's and others...but none of these seem to meet the criteria above, except for maybe the LWRC. That said, from what I've read about their fit and finish, I don't know that they'd be worth the coin they demand. Does anyone here have experience with JP Enterprises or F&D Defense? Any other suggestions???

I'm looking for .5 MOA or better. I know some manufacturers will guarantee sub MOA and claim their rifles will shoot sub .5 MOA, provided you can do your part. I'm a long range shooter, so accuracy is incredibly important to me. I'm also going to be looking for a short barreled version (16" including the flash suppressor), along with a 20" version.

I'm looking to pick up two of the same in .556 as well...but I'm starting with the .308 with the shorter barrel and working forward from there. Any suggestions??? I appreciate all the feedback I can get, as I've been away from the industry for too long. Thank you!

I have a piston P308 from POF. It has been awesome in accuracy and reliabilty. It's my only piston gun. Right now, it will be hard to get anything in an AR platform.

I have a piston P308 from POF. It has been awesome in accuracy and reliabilty. It's my only piston gun. Right now, it will be hard to get anything in an AR platform.

What kind of accuracy are you getting? I have a line on firearms and accessories...and even with the demand, I'd imagine I'll be able to find what I'm looking for...once I figure out what that is. Thank you for the feedback!

As for the reply above yours', thank you for your thoughts as well. I'm looking for a built rifle though.

Thanks again, gentlemen.

I've been around 1/2 moa out to 600 yards with 168 gr Federal GMM. I admit, it is much harder for me to be consistent with a gas gun over a bolt but this rifle has been great. POF seems to have great customer service as well. I haven't settled on a load for it but I have a few cases of GMM so I haven't worked up a good load yet. My only complaint on it is that the recoil is so light that when I shoot it I look at the pile of .308 brass and start adding up how much it just cost me.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.