Looking for something new next year, trade for AZ

youngbuck

I live in AZ. I'm a Coues fanatic. I also spend my fair share of time chasing bulls. Most of the hunts in AZ are draw hunts, excluding archery deer. Archery javelina tags are also draw, but fairly easy to obtain for a NR. Archery javelina is a blast. It probably doesn't sound like it, but ask someone who has done it. Archery deer tags are aslo available in January, same as the archery javelina season. I'm looking for something new and different, something I can't get in AZ. I'm getting close to having enough points for a rifle antelope tag in AZ, if I go out of state I would be looking for 70"+. I also like the small critters, badgers, foxes, something I can't get in AZ (I have yet to see an AZ badger). I'd be willing to help a guy (or guys) on what ever tag he/they draws or gets over the counter. If you have a buddy who would want to come, I've got buddies that always want to try something new as well. I could help you with the application process, where to hunt, help hunting, packing, and lodging. I would be no help on the OTC elk tags AZ offers. Those elk are in very specific areas, and I haven't spent any time looking for them. I'm looking for something different without breaking the bank. Send me a PM or post if you would be interested. I'd consider anything.

Last edited:
I haven't gotten any replies so here is some of what we have been up to. I haven't drawn a deer tag since 08, but here is a little of what we have done since 08. Dec tags are hard to draw, but Oct tags are about 80% draw for residents, some units are 100% draw. On October hunts we hope for 90"+, but I would feel pretty bad if I couldn't find a mid 80" buck. December hunts we hold out for 100"+, sometimes more, but it is a 3 week hunt in the rut.

My '08 Dec.
IMG_0388.jpg

My roommates Dec '09
IMG_0703.jpg

My dad's Oct '10
IMG_7186.jpg

Roommates Oct '10
IMG_0219.jpg

My last tag for elk was 08 as well
IMG_0067.jpg

Last edited:
Strange you havent had any takers on this.

Maybe they dont know coues whitetail. Those are for sure some nice bucks you folks have come up with. My biggest so far is 97" Almost got the 100" mark on him. :)

I figured on this site you would be overrun with intrest. Not to many places you have the opportunity to shoot to distance ( and that means your longest no matter what it is, is a possibility) at a critter thats only 14" thick. Its for sure a challenge no matter how you get them.

Good luck on finding some trades.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.