Looking for someone to hunt Western states

Khavic
I would like to hear some more about your white tail deer. I have never hunted them and they are on my bucket list. Idaho's draw is over right?

Whitetail is over the counter. No draw, but there is a maximum allowable out of state tags. Though it's usually not reached so we can buy a second tag at out of state prices if we choose. I'll take a closer look at the regulations and see what the best time to come out would be then send you a PM with my number so we can discuss it and see if it would work out for this fall. We get rifle season duri the rut here so there's a good chance of catching a dominant buck during the daylight and not just on the trail cam.

I live in washington and hunt washington archery elk rifle deer & bear oregon for elk bow oregon rifle bear idaho rifle elk, deer out of grangeville i get 2 plus deer every year in idaho over counter never a problem. hunt montana, texas, alaska every other year the wolves problem in idaho & montana suck.

That's awesome you hunt in grangeville I grew up in cottonwood!

That's awesome you hunt in grangeville I grew up in cottonwood!

Hey Joe what's the rock chuck and gopher shooting like there in Lewiston? I'm in Lewiston 4 days a month and could easily stay over on a Friday to shoot Saturday.

Hey Joe what's the rock chuck and gopher shooting like there in Lewiston? I'm in Lewiston 4 days a month and could easily stay over on a Friday to shoot Saturday.

All the huge ones live along side the dike in town :(

Lot of guys have come into my work saying the squirrels are out in droves up at 3 Bear towards Kendrick that's all public land as well.

All the huge ones live along side the dike in town :(

Lot of guys have come into my work saying the squirrels are out in droves up at 3 Bear towards Kendrick that's all public land as well.

Thanks. I'm going to give it a try next Saturday.

If you want, shoot me a message. 43. I have been hunting since 5. We moved to AZ from IL last year so, I'm still getting myself geared up for for rifle hunting, they way I want to be. IL is a slug gun state and tree stand hunting is what's worked best for me 90 percent of time. I was big into archery, muzzle loader and slug gun. Deer and pheasnt have always been my main stay. My former partner in crime and I took at least one trip a year somewhere for pheasnt up until year I got hurt. (He had a knee surgery a few years back that didnt go as planned, also older so he stopped pheasnt hunting and limits himself to a few days in the tree stand. Sucks, since since he was into a lot of western hunting years ago. I had hoped that we would be doing that together) I was going 5 days strong a week during the hunting season Oct-Jan. then the injury sidelined me. I had the perfect carrer and situation for being a hunter. Not a day,goes by I dont miss my career or the hunting 5 days a week every week.

I figured out something like 15 plus years of hunting that many days a week during our bird and deer seasons. Its been a long road to get to where I can push myself hiking and such for western type hunts. But, I'm looking to expand into other types of big game hunts beside deer too. I'm medically retired from my duty injury. Lot of time on my hands.

I am doing the stay at home dad thing, while mama brings home the bacon. She finally gets to have her carrer in the lead not mine. It's been both fun and amazing watching her grow with the new opportunities given to her. She was cut out for her carrer path, no two ways about it. I feel bad, hers took a back seat for so many years. But for her carrer the only way up, was to move. We couldn't do that with mine. What, was I thinking of me first??? Her carrer brings home more then I could have ever brought home.

I told her won't ask for much for most of year, but during hunting season, I need for her to plan her required travel around any trips I may take. She gets the rest of year cart Blanche.

I am doing my best to learn the hunting (unit) in area we live in first by hiking a new area ever week. Its a good unit too. We have a good size elk herd and a monster bull in the yard regulary. I've seen WT and Muleys too. They love the one spot along side the house where a small ravine is.

I have a buddy whose going to show me the unit he lives in and sweet spots, just south of us. It is supposed to have some really big muley's. It is a really rugged unit. He says a lot of areas dont get much pressure since so hard to get into. Then it's onto some of other well known units in AZ. Those, will be getting learned on, see below vvvvv. :)

I am hoping to have horses before fall for hunting and packing out game. Lots of opportunity, to aquire good horses in out area so that's not the issue. Place we bought is all set up for horses. We can hit the local trail system right off our front drive as well. I have been spending a lot of time around horses before jumping into ownership. My daughter has finally progressed enough for trail riding, which was one of last things I had been waiting for before seriously starting to look. My son is pretty good, but she lives for horses. Being younger, I wanted her learning as much as possible from someone with a lot more experience then me. The seeing first hand issues one can run into, again I wanted with someone that's got the experience to teach her the right way to deal with it. I want all the right ways engrained into both of my kids before hand. I've seen the wrong side of a cliff once on horse back. It was a miracle, I didnt go for that long fall, not experience that saved me. I want her and my son to have experience first and luck.

Personally I would like to hunt a few states each year. I go back to IL for the first slug season too. I am hoping to get in a few days for archery right before slug season this year too. There is a monster, I really want to be able to hunt hard this year and just myself in woods. (Long story). Plus one of coolest looking hides I have ever saw on a yote was ladt season. I only had 2 1/2 day last year so passed on him with so little time. Hes a regular though. I had to have a surgery and that cut into me getting back to IL for a full slug season. Between the insane cold temps not normal for Nov and the surgery. Made for some miserable hunting. But seeing as many deer as I did, well worth it!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.