Looking for some input and ideas for daughters first rifle.

I started my Granddaughter and Grandson out with .22 rimfires, of course. Then when they wanted to go rifle hunting
I bought them a Jr. model in 7mm/08. That had the power to pretty much kill anything they needed at the time.
My Granddaughter thought it kicked a little too much so she bought herself a .243.
Zeke

You know best what will fit the needs she has as far as recoil goes you know what her size and build is more so then any of us do . If it fits her well the recoil will not affect her as much . Us an adjustable stock on an AR maybe to see what her length of pull is get maybe a Boyd's at one, stock to fit her for now and adjust it to her as she grows more . Choose one that has a light recoil and you can get ammo redly available for it with lighter weight bullets to farther reduce the felt recoil . Not a one of us wants scope bite or a fear of the recoil to ruin her experience with shooting or hunting . Best of luck to her and you .

I'll spend whatever it takes to make sure she always has a good experience and enjoys shooting and hunting! A few dollars is well worth a lifetime of enjoyment to share and pass along the tradition.
Can never go wrong with a trusty 243 Win. But even the 6.5 Creedmoor would be good for her.

So, no disrespect to anyone, but some of y'all might consider reading through some of the earlier posts. With that said, I do very much appreciate everyone's input and suggestions.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.