Looking for some feedback for a Burris Veracity 2-10

cornel616

I am trying to get one for my tikka 6.5cm and I wanted something that has a decent wide fov on the low end. It's for a hunting rifle.
Let me know what you guys think.
Thank you.

I have the 4-20 model, and i love it. it is probably my favorite scope now, and is great hunting scope. It has really good glass for the price and I love all the features on it. Compared to similar priced scopes the glass is far better on the burris.

Thank you gpr23. How is the reticle on low power , in a busy environment?

The problem w FFP reticles on high mag range scopes is they are either too busy or impossible to see.

Burris nailed the reticle. It is probably the best FFP reticle design I've ever seen. They solved the problem with an elegant and simple solution: the crosshairs taper. How have I not seen that before? Why is no one doing this??? It should be an industry standard.

As you zoom in. The crosshairs do not grow obnoxiously. They just look like the taper continues. Eventually the Christmas tree comes into view. It is pretty standard. MOA drops and windage holds.

As gpr said, it's optically good too. I get a lot of glare when facing the sun so the shade lives on mines. Also a 4-20.

Yeah I looked at some pics of the reticle on different settings, not to many out there . Also local here south FL there are no dealers that carry them . I appreciate all the info .

Like state the reticle is probably the best hunting reticle out there. It is BDC on the vertical line, but has regular 2 MOA hashes for wind on the horizontal line.

also they offer two different ones and they call one the "varmint", it has a finer line in the center which works really well when cranked up on zoom. Not sure if you would have that issue with 2-10.

If you plan on doing any long range shooting, I'd recommend the 4-20. 4 power is plenty low for almost all hunting situations, then can crnak up to 20 for long range shooting.

I have hunted and shot with a lot of scopes and the veracity is becoming my favorite.

I have one each in 3-15, 4-20, and 5-25. Overall, I think the 3-15 is the best of the bunch for a hunting rifle.

2-10 would be nice on a small, light rifle.

I have one each in 3-15, 4-20, and 5-25. Overall, I think the 3-15 is the best of the bunch for a hunting rifle.

2-10 would be nice on a small, light rifle.

I got a really good deal on the 4-20. I agree the 3-15 is optimal for hunting. If ever see one for the low price, I'll definitely pick it up.

You may think I'm crazy but Cabelas offers a line of of FFP scopes worth checking out. They have a 3-15 for $350 and a 3-21 for $399. Both are optically quite good for the money. The reticle is not as nice as the Veracity. They also make a 4-16 and 6-24 for a little less. I recently picked up a like new one on eBay for $190. Nice affordable upgrade for cheap rifles. Like the Veracity, these Cabelas scopes have won the Outdoor Life Best Buy scope awards.

The bass pro in the area doesn't have any veracity only some mtac's . And i was thinking the 2-10 for large fov, (here in south and central FL sometimes it's real thick, full of palmettos) and also will go on a light tikka t3x with a 20in barrel. So trying to get not to much weight but still have what I need .

I have the 2-10. Nice scope, but the Ffp reticle is useless on anything but 10x. Nothing wrong with the scope though, it's nice. If i bought again I'd go 3-15 or whatever power needed so I could get the scr reticle

I have one that will be probably be going up later today in the classified section for sale or trade. It is literally new as of yesterday from Burris. If I needed a North American hunting scope, it wouldn't be for sale. I just really need a dangerous game scope and the trijicon I really want is a bit pricey. Lol Pm me if interested.

The bass pro in the area doesn't have any veracity only some mtac's . And i was thinking the 2-10 for large fov, (here in south and central FL sometimes it's real thick, full of palmettos) and also will go on a light tikka t3x with a 20in barrel. So trying to get not to much weight but still have what I need .
I'd go w a 2-7 personally. Save the money and the weight. You don't need FFP on a low power scope. And there's no reason for a 30mm tube.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.