• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Looking for Savage Large Shank short action

zloe

Hi, Looking for a Savage large shank action. Short action or intermediate action for a 260 Rem. Let me know if you have anything laying around. Thanks.

Large shank short action could either be precision target action, single shot avilabile in a variety of bort/eject options (silver), or LRP based repeater actions (black).

In long action, there were some RUM based 110 (maybe 112) based large shank actions that were just standard actions. Don't see the standard large shank actions much as they were not used for very long. I have been wanting one for a long time, just because I don't have one yet, and haven't seen one up for sale in a long, long, time. There is also the 112 target magnum, which I have a few of (switched a lot of short action PTAs to these actions), which come in 338 lapua. But it is a long action large shank action with target accu-trigger. Can fit about any round, within reason, into it. I have used these for 6BR up to 338 Lapua AI.

Another consideration with the short action precision target actions is bolt spacing. There are 4.4" spaced actions, but also "palma" target actions which are like 3.44" bolt spacing.

I have used quite a few versions of the single shot target actions and have been extremely happy with all of them, as well with the 112 target magnum actions. I have a LRP repeater action sitting in my safe now waiting on me to decide on what to do with it, so can't speak from person usage, but do have a group of shooting buddies that have about 8 LRPs between them and all love them.

Good luck with your search.

Ben

Hi, Looking for a Savage large shank action. Short action or intermediate action for a 260 Rem. Let me know if you have anything laying around. Thanks.
For 260 rem you can get away with a small shank, unless you've found a large shank barrel you need to use.

For my WSM builds I've found it cheaper to buy a model 16 or model 11 in 270wsm or 300wsm which are all large shank and sell the barrel and/or accustock .

Sometimes I'll keep the Accustock and machine the lug area to fit a thicker and trued recoil lug.

I have a SS large shank 4.4CF action available.
PM if you're interested.

tbrice23,
The barrel I have is a large shank. Thanks for the info on the 300 and 270 wsm. options are good.