looking for right 22 hornet action.

another vote for the 527! i have one however i had it punched out to 22 spitfire, 1/2 moa every trip out to the range, it just continues to amaze me how accurate that little gun is. 35 grain w/ lil gun. great little squirrel guns!

No it's a complete gun, I built my first 17 Badger on it.
do you have the action is what i would be interested in? if you are willing to sell it. speaking of it .What type of action is it? but if its your first build you may want to keep it.any way i would like to see it. if have time,thanks,bob.

I have two Browning Hornets. One is the Micro Medalion, the other the low wall. Both are 1/2" guns. I also have a Custom Shop Encore in 22 KHornet that shoots under 1" groups. Very accurate chamberings.

I have two Browning Hornets. One is the Micro Medalion, the other the low wall. Both are 1/2" guns. I also have a Custom Shop Encore in 22 KHornet that shoots under 1" groups. Very accurate chamberings.
What are you saying about half guns.maybe you may want to sell one? If so could you send pics of what you may sell with prices,thank you,Bob.

What are you saying about half guns.maybe you may want to sell one? If so could you send pics of what you may sell with prices,thank you,Bob.
Sorry, I will never sell them. I was just trying to point out how accurate factory rifles can be. I have taken groundhogs, prairie dogs and rockchucks with both of the Brownings.

Hey Robert,
Hopefully you were able to 'connect' with Mr. Walbert on that Ruger 77 in .22 Hornet as that will be an EXCELLENT action to work with. Do yourself a favor - buy this 'shim' package for $10:
I've "shimmed" three Ruger 77 bolts now and the difference in accuracy is amazing. (Two were .22 LR and one was a .22 Hornet action.) Well worth the money to make a great action work even better for you. There are videos right on the website on how to install them (easy!)

I like the CZ actions BUT I really dislike that the magazines extend below the bottom of the gun. The Ruger 77/22 (.22 Hornet) has a flush fitting magazine which I like a lot better. I also like the Ruger scope rings a lot. No "base" to screw on or get loose. The rings attach directly to the action. Very nice setup.

Look at the 221 fireball. When I reached the limitation of my 22 hornet in terms of the rifle, and especially the brass, I jumped to the .221 fireball in a rem 700 lvssf. Much better all around.

do you have the action is what i would be interested in? if you are willing to sell it. speaking of it .What type of action is it? but if its your first build you may want to keep it.any way i would like to see it. if have time,thanks,bob.
Yes I have the action but the action is o⁰n a complete gun. It's a Rem 700 223 bolt bushed to fit a hornet case. I dont want to sell it. If you wanna pic of the bolt that has been bushed I can do that.
If you dont care about having a repeater put a Calhoon single shot follower in a 527 and there flush mount that's what I have done in the 6- 527's I have.

Yes I have the action but the action is o⁰n a complete gun. It's a Rem 700 223 bolt bushed to fit a hornet case. I dont want to sell it. If you wanna pic of the bolt that has been bushed I can do that.
If you dont care about having a repeater put a Calhoon single shot follower in a 527 and there flush mount that's what I have done in the 6- 527's I have.
yes i would like to see it if its not to much trouble

I felt that the old cartridge deserved an Old rifle action, so I built mine on an original 1883 low wall and love it. My second choice would be a TC Encore. I have built rimed cartridges in bolt actions and feel they are a lot of work and normally end up single shots because of feeding. The falling blocks work flawlessly and are beautiful and accurate.

If you can find a browning/Winchester Low Wall that Is what I would recommend but you can buy a TC Encore ready to go.

PS; I chambered mine it 22 K Hornet (An Improved version that will still shoot 22 Hornet and add close to 150 ft/sec over the original cartridge.

Just my opinion

J E CUSTOM

I felt that the old cartridge deserved an Old rifle action, so I built mine on an original 1883 low wall and love it. My second choice would be a TC Encore. I have built rimed cartridges in bolt actions and feel they are a lot of work and normally end up single shots because of feeding. The falling blocks work flawlessly and are beautiful and accurate.

If you can find a browning/Winchester Low Wall that Is what I would recommend but you can buy a TC Encore ready to go.

Just my opinion

J E CUSTOM
thanks have got alot of input i think i may go with another caliber.the hornet is very pricey.so maybe a 221 or a 22-250.i hog hunt for a living and was thinking that some thing small cal. and quiet so i can knock down as many as possible before scaring them off.and i have never built any thing this small so im in the dark.any thoughts on some thing would be great,thanks Bob.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts