Looking for rifle for wife

if you go the cooper rifles web site and look at the model 54 in . 243; it looks like one she would like .

Attachments

• thumbs-up-sign-thumb8413541_zps85645168.jpg
    thumbs-up-sign-thumb8413541_zps85645168.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 11
She will be hunting deer & Elk . Was looking for some one who's wife was getting out of hunting and had a rifle already set up. Was looking to pay around $1,ooo for the rifle or $1300 with a scope. But maybe go a little more for the right set up.

My wife shoots a 270 wsm. She is 5'5 115 lbs. I adjust her loads for the animals she is intending to kill. This way the recoil can be managed within a reason, and you can have a effective load. My son will be shooting her rifle at goats in WY next weekend. He's 12 and shoots a youth 7mm-08 weatherby. He is a very average built 12 year old. He is pictured in the thread "Had a Awesome Day". I loaded up some 110 Barnes ttsx travling 3550 fps. He shoots it like a champ without having the recoil hurt him. I'm excited for him.

Take a look at the Savage Lady Hunter. I just bought my wife one in 6.5 Creedmoor and she loves it. Shoots good with factory ammo, I plan on working up a load for her using the Berger 130 VLD, light recoil and fits her perfect. I mounted a Leupold VX-R 3-9X50 with the CDS and it is light enough she can carry it without any problems.

She will be hunting deer & Elk . Was looking for some one who's wife was getting out of hunting and had a rifle already set up. Was looking to pay around $1,ooo for the rifle or $1300 with a scope. But maybe go a little more for the right set up.

Where are you hunting? Do you reload?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.