Looking for quality outfitter

Cuatro

I am looking for a quality outfitter in Colorado and Idaho. I have not drawn a tag but want to be ready for the day when I do. Any help, many thanks

what part of Idaho are you thinking about?

I dont have a location in mind, want to hunt the hard to get trophy type units for 190+ mule deer and 340+ elk. I am getting prepared for when i do draw a tag. This year i should draw a wyoming tag in region H.
So even if i am a year or more out, i need a outfitter, i dont have time to scout that far from home in Texas.

I am not sure how idhao works, if they have points or not. I apply in about 9 states hoping to draw a tag every year or every other. Any help would be great

Idaho does not have appoint system. you can apply for controlled hunt tags or buy a over the counter tag and hunt in the general season. you can call Idaho fish and game and speak with a biologist for each region and they can help you on which units produce the most trophy class animals. on their website you can go to the hunt planner page and look at harvest statistics for each unit during general season and/or controlled hunts as well as get a list of outfitters for the state.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.