Looking for place to hunt sharptail in Nebraska

H82MISS

Does anyone know of any areas in central Nebraska to hunt prairie chicken and sharptail ? I used to hunt north of Arnold, and am looking for a place to hunt. The area I hunted was leased from private rancher for deer hunting. Any direction would be truly appreciated. Thanks.

West Calamus

Does anyone know of any areas in central Nebraska to hunt prairie chicken and sharptail ? I used to hunt north of Arnold, and am looking for a place to hunt. The area I hunted was leased from private rancher for deer hunting. Any direction would be truly appreciated. Thanks.
Did you get a chance to go grouse hunting in Nebr. Reason I asked was I was up to the ranch south of Valentine during deer rifle season and saw more grouse this year then I had seen in quite a few years. Was a lot of cover for them.

H82MISS

Friend of mine who hunts the grasslands in SD, said he's never seen so many birds as this season. When I was hunting elk in WY, I saw sharptail and even some huns while driving around some ranches during elk season. Hoping to make something happen next year. Getting older ain't fun when you miss out on a season.

Recent Posts