Looking for options for Senior citizen

LISBON

Hello All,
I am a senior citizen that does not get around that well anymore. Any thoughts or options on harvesting a bull?
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and recommendations.

Hello All,
I am a senior citizen that does not get around that well anymore. Any thoughts or options on harvesting a bull?
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and recommendations.
I think a lot of us are senior citizens on this forum. There is a member on here recently that has a nice 6X6 mount for sale. Would save you humping through the woods and then humping the meat and antlers out!

Edit: 6:45pm EST
Just a little humor. I wish I could find an easy way to harvest a nice Bull, but the harder the hunt the more experience!

Last edited:
Got this off of website, you will have to research them.
All I did was google this , never hunted with them.
444919C0-80EE-4EEF-860D-A83AB18235C4.png

I'm 64 and have killed 16 elk, I hope to hunt out west till I die or can't physically hunt anymore. I've always said to my outfitter, as long as you can drive me back on the ranch road 2 miles, I can get out of the truck and sit on the hillside all day. My father did it until he was 75.

You just need to find an outfitter that will do it for you, it shouldn't be hard. Good luck and PM me if you need help.

LISBON, do some research for outfitters who cater to seniors. They usually park you on a good spot where elk are known to travel And do the heavy lifting for you. Good luck.

Going on a private ranch hunt next year (2023), low fence/free range. It is supposed to mostly be done via pickup or UTV to glass then stalking to get within range. If it goes well and lives up to the hype, I will let you know.

I don't mind the hiking, but 6-8 hours on a horse one way is a bit more than the arthritis in my back, hips, and knees can take. This was one of the few we found that was lodge based and included a land owner voucher in the price. You still have to pay for tue tag, but you don't have the 3-5 year wait to get it.

Got this off of website, you will have to research them.
All I did was google this , never hunted with them.
View attachment 347164

This place is the worst "Adventure" I've ever seen. Bull elk are walking all around and you can hand feed them. There's literally a hundred buffalo standing around everywhere just waiting to be shot. They have so many pigs in an enclosure that it would be difficult to kill one without hitting another. It would be harder to take an animal in the San Diago zoo.

Just sayin'

For a relatively easy hunt for bull elk I'd look here. Tags are over the counter. While it may not be the hunt for everyone it is doable for those with limitations. I met the owner Ruland Jones (retired football player) at the Harrisburg Sportsman Show.