Looking for optic for 28 Nosler

Benhunting

New comer here. I love reading and the information and different points of view. That being said. I just ordered a Savage 110 Ultralight in 28 nosler. I am primarily using the rifle for hunting, I would like to take it to 1000 yes. I want to keep it as light as possible. I'm looking at the Swarovski Z5i 3.5-18x44 and others in the $1500 or less range. I have a Vortex LHT 3-15 but I feel I want more magnification. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Zeiss v4 6-24 with the zmoai T20 reticle. I am pretty sure I will put this on my next gun instead of a VX-5 HD. I would suggest that as you look at scopes to keep an eye on the weight of the scope. Some scopes weigh 3 pounds some weight 1.5 pounds, that is a big difference. I have been pleased with my VX-5 HD just would prefer more magnification and I like that zeiss reticle better than anything offered by Leupold.
Look at March scopes if your budget allows as well.

I had forgotten that...makes sense though 15 mag isn't enough for me but I have poor vision

15x is plenty for a lightweight hunting rig, unless you're hunting prairie dogs. If 15 isn't enough, 18 likely wont' be either.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.