Looking for Muzzle brake for 284 1/2x20

TX mountain hunter

I recently picked up a 5.0 lb 284 Winchester that is threaded yet kicks the dog out of you. Any recommendations on a cost effective muzzle brake that would fit 1/2x20? The hopes are that this one day turns into an ultralight sheep rifle if I can ever draw so I'd like to keep the weight down as much as possible. Although I may just use it for load development and re-zero & drop calculate without...

Thanks guys. Will try those today. Here is how I'm measuring. Pretty sure I'm doing it right. Hard to tell from the pic but the caliper is on the threads.. Open to feedback if not..

Attachments

• FECCE7D3-6216-429D-95BA-9AE9053B8E8A.jpeg
    FECCE7D3-6216-429D-95BA-9AE9053B8E8A.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 129
  • 57CD3BFC-677D-4017-8BEC-08339E70B97B.jpeg
    57CD3BFC-677D-4017-8BEC-08339E70B97B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 120
I would contact salmon river. Maybe on the next run he could do one in that thread. Very odd thread. I my only concern with a cheaper brake is how effective they are. Now I do have heap ones that do work but they are less effective so if you are looking to just take the edge off they work. If you want the best performance they will be a bit pricey

I would contact salmon river. Maybe on the next run he could do one in that thread. Very odd thread. I my only concern with a cheaper brake is how effective they are. Now I do have heap ones that do work but they are less effective so if you are looking to just take the edge off they work. If you want the best performance they will be a bit pricey
I did contact salmon river and they were very quick to respond, polite & helpful. Unfortunately with their directional brakes it was going to cost me too much in shipping the gun back and forth for measurements to have it set up properly.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.