Looking for more info.

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by coyotecrazy, Dec 22, 2010.

1. coyotecrazy

coyotecrazy Member

I stumbled across this site on accident but visit daily now. There is great info. I am very interested in wildcats and although i have never built one I hope to someday. I found a wildcat in a book called the 6mm swift that interested me. I was wondering if anyone out there has one or has ever built one.

2. liltank

liltank Well-Known Member

This is only a hunch due to the name, but my guess is it is based on a necked up 220 Swift. This should put you just above a 243 Winchester and just below a 6mm-06.

Tank

3. elkaholic

elkaholic Well-Known Member

If you google "6mm Swift" you will find a very good article from the 1976 July issue of "Rifle" magazine #46. This article puts the Swift just barely behind the .243 W with 5-6 grains less powder.......Rich

4. coyotecrazy

coyotecrazy Member

Thanks for the help. My next question would be is this cartridge worth the build or would you stay away from it?

5. elkaholic

elkaholic Well-Known Member

If it is what YOU want, it is worth building. Practically speaking, there are probably better choices, including the .243, because of brass availability.........Rich