Looking for Load Data for Barnes 265g Bullet

Doublezranch

I am dying to try the new Barnes 265 grain bullet for my 338 ultra mag. I called Barnes and they have not worked up data for the Ultra only the Lapua. I know there are lots of data for a 275 grain bullet, but I am not sure where to start. Any thoughts would be very helpful. Thanks.

When you say carefully....do you mean 5 grains or 10 grains at a time? Also, do I roll until I see pressure signs or do I bail before I get to that point?

I would never go more than 1 (ONE) grain at a time. Since the Barnes have a tendancy to shoot at higher pressures than regular cup and core bullets, I wouldn't exceed the max load for the 275 either. If you encounter any sign of pressure, STOP, and back off at least a grain.

With the 285 grain TSX I went up to 90.2 grains of H-1000 and chrono-ed at 2983 fps and this was in a RUM. I had pressure signs with this load and I am backing off. I think with H-1000 I started at 87 grains and worked up.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts