Looking for Load Data .300 WinMag

ChrisAtl

Looking for a load for:
.300 Win Mag 180grain Nosler AccuBond and Alliant Reloader22
.300 Win Mag 180grain Nosler AccuBond and IMR 4064
.300 Win Mag 165grain Barnes TTSX and Alliant Reloader22
.300 Win Mag 165grain Barnes TTSX and IMR 4064

I am working up an accurate load for these two bullets and have had better luck with IMR 4831 so far.
Also are the Gun Guides Reloading Guide or LoadBooks USA from MidwayUSA worth it? My guess is that they are based off of old reloading manuals and not up to date enough.
Thanks for the help.

The best loads I have found for the 300 win mag with 165 and 180 grain bullets are with Magpro powder. I use the max loads on the accurate loading website.

75 rl22 with a 180
78 rl22 with a 165
I've shot around 2,000 rounds of rl22 with 165's in multiple rifles and if your bullet is worth a **** and your barrel likes it, you're home free to 3200 fps on a 24" tube and 3280 on a 26" tube. My current 300 win has killed 20 deer in the last ten years or so with rl22 and a 165 hornady fb interlock.
I personally wouldn't use 4064 in a 300 win, and I can't find data for bullets heavier than 150 grain for it anyway. Not to say it can't be done, as I have some rounds loaded for a 7rem with 4064 and 140's. I just don't have data.

Thank you everyone.
The numbers are very helpful Lefty7mmstw as is the advice on the 4064. I bought the IMR 4064 for my .243 but wanted to load some and take to the range to see how they shot in my .300 as well. So I will likely just not.
I also sent an email to Alliant and IMR to see what they had to say.

Using Barns solid copper bullets in a 180 the only thing we found that it likes so far is IMR 4831 using the Sierra Accuracy load out of the new book . It was under max. It was under 1 MOA for 5 shot groups. Everything we tried shot 2.5 to 3.5 till we got to the IMR 4831,

Thanks,Keith

Is it just out luck or is it hard to get the solid copper bullets to shoot ????

His hates IMR 4350 with copper bullets. I hope it is just a copper bullet problem. We are looking for an ELK load with a copper 165 to 180 load. I hope the IMR 4831 is it. We have to try it at longer ranges now,

Thanks,Keith

I have noticed in the past with solid copper bullets the barrel has to be clean to the metal fouling from regular jacketed bullets will kill accuracy. May also lightly lap the bore. Most of the time after lapping the bore to remove any tool marks we have had very good luck from the solid copper bullets. A couple rifles running around ⅜ moa. Good luck on the elk.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts