Looking for ideas for 2013 hunting trip

trevor73402

I'm posting this in hopes of getting some specific ideas for hunting trips in 2013. Looking for people that have used specific guide services or outfitter services. Not really looking for any high fence type hunting. Those are good hunts for some people, but not what I'm looking for.

Obviously unless I draw a tag somewhere, it'll have to be over the counter or land owner/outfitter tags. We do not have any preference points built up anywhere. We are looking for something out west that would be "long range friendly" if possible. Elk or mule deer, or even a big whitetail. We aren't expecting to get a trophy, just a decent hunt with a moderate success rate. Speaking of trophies, we aren't rich so we are looking for options that are $5000 and less and this will have to include our travel expenses either driving or flying depending on location.

I've hunted CO and WY on DIY hunts many times with little success. When you don't live local and aren't able to scout anytime preseason it makes a blind trip to unknown areas very difficult.

So, to recap:
Outfitters or guides-public or private land (would prefer to hear about people you have personally used in the past)
Elk, mule deer, or even whitetail
Long range friendly if possible
Trip for $5000 or less per person (less is always better)
Anywhere out west CO, WY, MT, ID, UT.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks ,

A White Sands Missile base hunt for Oryx in New Mexico. There are 2 ranges and the Rhodes Canyon is probably the better of the 2. This is a 2 day hunt, tag is expensive but you can get the tag and a guide for $3K.

Nevada mule deer hunt. If you sign up with a guide your odds increase a lot. I've got a guide I hope to hunt with in the future lined up so I can't give you any feedback on them.

Thanks for that info.

Anyone else have any suggestions? This site is predominately hunters so I figured this thread would generate alot of ideas. I'm not asking for your public land honey hole guys.

Not exactly per your requirements, but if you want a really good hunt with reasonable prices, I'd like to suggest hunt with Warner Glenn from Malpai Ranch, Arizona. You can hunt desert mule deer, and cues deer, sub-specie of white tail. You can get to shoot coyotes, if they cross your path. Heck, if you fill out early, you can even request for Warner to call coyote for you. Warner is the guy who spotted jaguar in AZ twice (at least). His dad is the legendary lion hunter, Marvin, and his daughter is the Ruger's ad girl. I've hunted with Warner several times, not to collect trophies, but just to be on enjoyable hunt, riding horses (mule). If you discuss with him, I believe he can arrange LR hunting. I don't have his phone number with me, but here is his wife's FB
http://www.facebook.com/wendy.glenn.779

north west montana outfitters,elk and deer for 4500.00 great outfitter.went there this year i was unsucssesful(due to equip.problems-scope got nocked off,now i am sparing no expense on base scope and mounts)food and acomidations were top notch.they are located in trout creek,mt on the idaho border.saw lots of game and had a great time..good luck

I have seen some posts about doing Alaska trips for that cost and less for Moose, Black Bear or Caribou.

These are all great ideas so far. Ill have to look into the Alaska trip. I've always wanted to go on a moose hunt, but I wasn't aware you could do it for that price. That would be truly amazing to be able to do that.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts