Looking for hunting land

My friend, you have some of the best hunting ground east of the rocky mountains in your backyard. You are very fortunate. You can hunt a few hundred thousand acres of beautiful national forest like you own it, because you do. Don't waste money on a lease, spend that money on gas and camping gear, and you and your boys start training for those hills. You'll become a much better hunter, and going into the mountains and killing an animal where they want to live is so much more rewarding that sticking your rifle barrel out the window of a plywood box and shooting the domesticated version of a deer.
WOW!
FYI, I've started using square tubing frames and sheet metal sides over 2x4's and plywood. They last so much longer. LOL

Greedy Outfitters are all about leasing up as much public and private land as possible and charging ridiculous prices to hunt. I refuse to pay some dude 2 grand to hunt a Pronghorn for 40 pounds of meat. The day only the wealthy can hunt is when we all go old school.
Got that right. When Outfitter's lease public land they think they own it and nobody else can hunt the public land or at least don't want them to. I've ran in Outfitter's in Wy. Co. Az. Ut. and Nv. that gave me sht about it. I just laughed at them and told them to move on. They don't want you shooting bucks or bulls that their over paying clients could.
Samuel, I hope you find a great place to hunt for you and your family . Sorry for your losses. I'm sure there's public land there even though it might be more crowded. I'd heed "Hecouldgoalltheway's advice. What I would do 👍🏻

Greedy Outfitters are all about leasing up as much public and private land as possible and charging ridiculous prices to hunt. I refuse to pay some dude 2 grand to hunt a Pronghorn for 40 pounds of meat. The day only the wealthy can hunt is when we all go old school.
Outfitters can't prohibit you from hunting public land. They are required to pay a fee to outfit on public lands because they are making money on the public lands. But they can't legally keep you off the land.

Buying direct from the rancher/farmer is cheaper than hunting if all you want is meat. I have never seen a rich outfitter or guide. Personally, I would pay 2k in a heartbeat to hunt pronghorns, especially if guided. My last one was 3k or so plus landowner voucher.

My advice for any young person who loves to hunt is to figure out how to make a lot of money before worrying about getting 1/4 inch smaller groups. I know that is easier said than done.
If you draw a lope license in Wy. Area 81, 78, 82, 83, and others I'll show you hundreds of lope and let you pick. I'm not an outfitter and no charge. Just helping a fellow hunter and friend. Drawing in Az. and Nv. takes a lot of points. I have enough in Ut. and Nv.. In Az. I have 23 pts. and still can't draw. Last time drew there was 1997. Don't need points here for res. Elk deer and lope. I drew Ca. lope in 2012. Shot a nice one. There are some big bucks in Ca.. Modoc and Lassen Counties near Nv./Or./Ca. Corner. Most landowners let you hunt for free. They don't like them on their crops. Sorry OP for getting off topic .

If you draw a lope license in Wy. Area 81, 78, 82, 83, and others I'll show you hundreds of lope and let you pick. I'm not an outfitter and no charge. Just helping a fellow hunter and friend. Drawing in Az. and Nv. takes a lot of points. I have enough in Ut. and Nv.. In Az. I have 23 pts. and still can't draw. Last time drew there was 1997. Don't need points here for res. Elk deer and lope. I drew Ca. lope in 2012. Shot a nice one. There are some big bucks in Ca.. Modoc and Lassen Counties near Nv./Or./Ca. Corner. Most landowners let you hunt for free. They don't like them on their crops. Sorry OP for getting off topic .
Wow, thanks!

Thank you everyone for your input and help on this I've been searching on line some today and found a few place I'm waiting on to contact back to me there is game land 45 minutes from me in and few others farther away just need to get up there and scout.

public lands make me nervous, but i'm over near RDU where there's 2 million+ people. there's just not enough room. I ended up buying my own land to hunt on. i got 10 acres for less than the price of a used car. that was 5 years ago though and doubt you can find a deal like that right now.

i've camped all around pisgah in years past. you can get out in the middle of nowhere real quick. that's probably what i would try.

Recent Posts