Looking for help with Browning Hells Canyon Speed 300wsm

IMHE (3 X and A bolts) they are fine rifles. IMHO 300 WSM is a silly cartridge as are all the shorties, catering to the short action myth. 300 WinMag has been proven in 1000s of rifles and is the obvious 1st choice.

Both of my X-bolt 300 WSM rifles had so so accuracy with a variety of loads. The best thing I did was to have both pillar and skim bedded and then to install and tune a replacement trigger spring. The White Gold Medallion will put three 200gr Eld-X rounds into an inch at 200yds. Just one of the rifles that I will never sell, even though I almost did just that.

The Satin Hunter X-bolt would put the same 3 rounds into an nice little cloverleaf at 100yds, killed deer out to 400yds with that rifle. Before that, I would not even consider a shot much past 150yds.

The potential is in the rifle, it just needs to be worked out, so don't just give up.

IMHE (3 X and A bolts) they are fine rifles. IMHO 300 WSM is a silly cartridge as are all the shorties, catering to the short action myth. 300 WinMag has been proven in 1000s of rifles and is the obvious 1st choice.

It isn't easy to find ammo for WSM or WSSM and when you do it usually isn't the caliber or bullet weight you need.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.