Looking for ELR Scope -suggestions

I was at a ELR shoot the past few days and I saw a shooter with this scope:

Valdada Recon G2 4.8-30x56

Anyone had experience with one of theses? This is a rather long, but detailed review from the UK side of our world.

Len

That particular optic seems to work well according to most users, but it isn't made by Valdada. It's made in Japan by LOW. It seems to work ok, but valdada is a crap company. I personally wouldn't buy anything from them, even if it's made by LOW.

Len, have you seen the Arkens yet. Just got mine a week ago and man what a scope for the price. They have them in mil as well.

I just took a look see at this one. I like the reticle and FFP. Good price. I know you said that you just got it a week ago. Did you mount it yet and shoot: Would like to know how you like the glass and tracking. What a lot of people don't know that these new or small scope manufactures have their scopes components made by the same Japanese manufactures that make (scopes everyone has their favorite scope and don't want to hear their glass could be made in JA, which is the one of the BEST glass manufactures so I retracted several manufactures of scopes) But are selling at a much lower cost because of name recognition and you get the same materials.
Thanks
Len

Last edited:
Kahles riflescopes are not Japanese built. Austrian built, owned by Swarovski, and uses Swaro glass.

The red dots and rangefinders are Asian built however.
"GoMenASai" If I put incorrect info in. I was referring to where the "components" were made - not assembled. Where was the "GLASS" made? Being "Built in" is where the parts are assembled.
Len
Iwakuni Japan 75-76
USMC

Production Facilities

The main production facility has remained in Vienna, Austria ever since the company was established. Kahles maintains close relations with the management of Swarovski Optik, and a constant exchange of information and experience is the reason behind the success of the two brands.

Guntramsdorf, Lower Austria, Austria

In 2012, the company unveiled a new manufacturing facility in the town of Guntramsdorf in the state of Lower Austria, and it was designed with a lot of consideration towards environment-friendly factors. The new factory focuses on the production of riflescopes. All Kahles binoculars (Helia S is an exception and is made in Austria), red dots and rangefinder are outsourced from Asia.

The factory in Guntramsdorf is equipped with state-of-the-art technology for the manufacturing of high-end devices. The production floor houses CNC milling and lathe equipment that machine all metallic components from high-quality solid metal blocks. The glass components are for all products are acquired from Swarovski Optik, which helps in streamlining the production. The atmosphere and temperature in the assembly area are controlled, which prevents unwanted particles from entering the insides of the scope assembly.

After assembly, the scopes are purged with pressurized Nitrogen gas to prevent contamination from water vapour and dirt particles. All products go through strict quality control inspections to identify defective components and conforming scopes are sent towards the packaging area.

This is for Swarovski

Production Facilities

Swarovski Optik is one of the few remaining European manufacturers that produces all of its products in-house in Europe. Sometimes, the assembly takes place in the US, especially for the riflescopes designed for the US market (such as Z5 and Z3 series). The customers can be sure that their beloved Swarovski devices are always made using highly-refined materials and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes under strict supervision in Austria. All Swarovski products undergo rigorous quality checks before rolling out to the distribution centers which are spread across the world.

This is for Swarovski

Production Facilities

Swarovski Optik is one of the few remaining European manufacturers that produces all of its products in-house in Europe. Sometimes, the assembly takes place in the US, especially for the riflescopes designed for the US market (such as Z5 and Z3 series). The customers can be sure that their beloved Swarovski devices are always made using highly-refined materials and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes under strict supervision in Austria. All Swarovski products undergo rigorous quality checks before rolling out to the distribution centers which are spread across the world.
Good copy off of the web!

Just had UPS pull into the driveway. Samson, as always, raised hell, but the UPS driver always has milk bones for a treat. Then Samson jumps in the truck and checks things out (looking for someone else, but think he just want's a ride) and the delivery person hands me a package that I need to sign for: Just got my new ---Nightforce ATACR 7-35x56mm F1 ZeroStop .1mrad DigIllum PTL Mil-XT C613.
I am afraid to look through it. I have several Vortex Razor HD 27 34mm 56. Shot my 260 this morning with the Razor and put 3 130TMKs in the same hole. Actually all were in the same hole 142s SMKs. Stopped shooting, new Labradar would not register shots. May think my shooting lane is too narrow. only have 6' and Labradar needs at least 30' wide lane per instructions. Might have to get out the Stihl 391MS 25" bar and start cutting a wider lane.
I'll put this scope away in the reloading room with the rest of the components for the 338LMAI build. Next is the stock (McMillian A5-6). Will put info on my other post of the Ultimate 338 build. May be next year until we use it.

Len & Jill

ATACR is nice as hell, but glass is whatever. It's nice glass, but it probably won't beat out your Gen II razor.

ATACR is nice as hell, but glass is whatever. It's nice glass, but it probably won't beat out your Gen II razor.
Love my Razors, some people knock them, but I think that they are up with the best. Some test say that great scopes but when going ELR they loose precision (only 1%). Depends on who is testing and what test. Well we have NF to compare too.

Shows how eyes differ. I find NF ATACR F1 glass noticeably better in clarity/contrast that the Razor Gen 2 or AMG glass.

You've read my previous posts on scopes though. I can't really tell any difference in glass. It's got to be me. The only time I've ever said wow behind a scope was a Vortex AMG. I mean even ZCO wasn't like a "wow" moment for me. Maybe I'm not attuned to the subtle differences in glass quality. I appreciate high quality scopes. Fit, finish, illumination brightness / crispness, tracking, repeatability (you know, I'm preaching to the choir). But glass never did it for me.