Looking for electronic hearing protection (in ear)

I have a pair. They work really well and I like the over the ear attachment. My ear canal is small and a lot of the in the ear only pieces work their way out quickly so I'm constantly messing with putting them back in. These just stay in. I've taken them to the range and they work just as well as my electronic muffs. I don't listen to music all that much, but when I tried the bluetooth connection, it worked well and the sound quality was on par with my other headphones. Battery life seems decent, as well.

The few times I've had them on in the wind, the wind was mild and there was some wind noise, but I could still hear other sounds amplified over the wind. They're not cheap, but not overly expensive. So far, if I had to purchase some in the ear hearing protection that I would use in the field again, Axil would be where I went shopping for that replacement pair.

Given that you have a lot of braked rifles, I think these would work well for you on your hunts.
Glad I found this post I ordered a pair of the GS Extreme. I'll be using these instead of my electronic muffs for coyote hunting and bench shooting.

On the range wear double - I use an in ear Peltor TEP100 PLUS a Howard Leight Impact Sport - so many muzzle brakes around you'll need them. I turn the in ear on and leave the muff off. The Impact Sports are very good value. No chance of wind noise with the muffs over the in ears and you can still hear instructions & have a conversation.

For hunting I just use the in ear Peltor TEP 100.

Works great, you can't be too careful with your hearing.

regards
JohnT
https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...=2ahUKEwiSpJPdsqvtAhW58HMBHXU5D8sQ0Qx6BAgHEAE

check out the Decibullz custom molded percussive shooting filters. $60 today and you don't ever buy a battery! I have a pair and really like them. They do NOT amplify any sounds, only allow clear hearing of everything around you, save loud noises that close the percussive filter. Having something in your ear makes your own voice sound odd, but everything around you sounds normal.

I know there are more expensive units out there, but I picked up Peltor TEP 200 in ear hearing protection and really like the way they work. I actually bought them to improve my hearing, and they do quite well too when I'm not shooting. The case they come in is their charging station, and is seriously heavy duty industrial quality and water proof. I forgot to take them out of my pants once and they went through the wash without the case leaking! That saved me some money right there, and the way they recharge while stored in their case is very convenient. I feel they are very good professional quality in ear hearing protection. In light of what other high end options cost, the 3M Peltor TEP 200's have my vote.

some older threads on this, but the technology changes so fast.

Looking at Walkers, 3M and SOund gear right now. Any thoughts? THe sound gear are in canal and supposed to eliminate wind noise because of that.
I use sound gear but, if you can hear wind without them you will definitely hear more wind with them.

I have used electronic Howards for the past 8 years and I haven't replaced them since. I recommend them to new shooters (for the features not the brand) so they will be able to hear commands/instructions. Zero issues for the 3 I have or the 8 I have issued (to officers).
Great piece of equipment if you ask me.
Im sure other brands are also stand up but I dont see a reason for the average shooter to upgrade to a MSA type setup unless you really do need them for the comms option.
$50 for a set of ears that will serve you well for a decade easy. Well worth it IMO

I'm going to order a pair and try them out, something I worry about with the others is losing them as they are not connected. I tried Walker ear muffs in the field, but didn't like the feel of full size muffs while hunting.
Please report back on the fit and noise reduction. I have been looking for something when hunting. At the range i use Walker ear muffs.