Looking For Cow Elk Hunt

bootsking

After our annual Thanksgiving pheasant hunt in SD, a couple of us want to stock the freezer with a early December cow elk hunt. Looking for a guided OTC tag, free-range, decent success option to finish out the trip. Any good suggestions for Wy, Co, NM?

BK, an acquaintance from the range and his wife did a 2014 OTC with a guide in Co. I recall they both tagged a cow by the second morning. Said NM was very difficult to get a tag and Wy was too far. Good luck

Your only option on a cow in NM is to buy a landowner tag. We have a draw system here and the draw deadline has past. Also antler less draw elk hunts are resident only.

BK, an acquaintance from the range and his wife did a 2014 OTC with a guide in Co. I recall they both tagged a cow by the second morning. Said NM was very difficult to get a tag and Wy was too far. Good luck

Can you give us more information on who they went with?

Fred I checked with Kiowa and their cow hunts were already booked by early March, so I am still checking around. Looks like a nice hunt!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.