Looking for comments on Leupold Impact-29 reticle

Excellent, thank you gentlemen, this is exactly the type of info/feedback I was looking for .

Now if I could just figure out how to deal with the coyotes that pop up so close that with
the scope you can see the ear mites.

Rakkikoira

Excellent, thank you gentlemen, this is exactly the type of info/feedback I was looking for .

Now if I could just figure out how to deal with the coyotes that pop up so close that with
the scope you can see the ear mites.

Rakkikoira
Look at the setup Geoff Nemnich runs on his ar15. He's one of the guys on the lucky duck YouTube channel. He has a 45° offset red dot mounted on his 6.5-20 leupold vx3. He uses that red dot with devastating effect.

I had some time so I looked at the Impact 29 reticles this weekend . They look very similar to the Horus reticle . They would be too busy for my likes . If I recall correctly the principle was that when you shot you could mark the impact of the miss and then use the aim point and the subtensions on the Horus reticle to make corrections for a different hold providing your target didn't move . It's an interesting concept but not much good for my use . Then again that's just my thoughts . Several of the coyote hunters that I know , who do it for a living , may have variable power scopes , as that's what we can readily find available , but for the most part will have them set at around 6 power and never change them . This gives them good field of view at closer ranges as well as they can see well at farther ranges with good clarity . Most of them use a duplex reticle and live by the KISS rule as far as scopes go but they also use the same rifle every day with a load that they have found for their needs and their rifles so they know their equipment it's capabilities and theirs . Having long ago found that they have little need to experiment farther . Killing coyote and other predators or problem animals doesn't pay well enough to keep buying new toys so they have listened to their pears and learned to find what works and stick with it .

Last edited: