Looking for comments of the Maven RS3 5-30x50 scope

I am looking at the Maven RS3 5-30x50 scope for a 7mm rem mag that I use for hunting and long range shooting. I have a Vortex 6-24X50 HSLR on my 308 and that works well and is light enough that I can still carry the rifle around while out hunting. I have also looked at the Vortex Razor HD AMG 6-24x50 but the difference in cost for the Maven compared to the Razor is significant. The weight is pretty close to the same, only a couple ounces difference. I like the bigger magnification range because of eyes that just don't see as well as they used to and I tried an 18 power last year and decided I need better glass and a little more magnification. Typical shots for me can go from 400 - 600 for hunting and further for shooting.

The Maven has had some pretty good reviews but nothing I have seen that is recent.

Would appreciate your thoughts and comments on the Maven. Thanks

Last edited:
Hi, I bought the Maven RS-3 around November (when it first came out). I put it on a Christensen Arms Mesa in 6.5 CM and I've got about 250-300 rounds of break-in and load development. I also have the Maven RS-1 on a 30.06, and I've had that scope for a few years.

The RS-3 seems like a very good practical hunting scope. I'm 62, so my eyes aren't as sharp as they used to be either. This is my first scope over 15x. I like the FFP, and I really like the reticle (SHR-W?). I've just shot from 100 to 400+,yards, but it's very clear In those distances. The focus and parallax adjustments are smooth and clear. The power adjustment seems a little stiff, but it's not so stiff to be an issue.

I've had it from temps from below freezing to over 80, and there hasn't been any issues with fogging. Again, I've only had it a few months, and I've only got about 300 rounds in a fairly light recoil caliber, but I'm happy with it so far. I don't anticipate any issues as far as reliability or warranty needs, but Maven has been a great company to work with.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts