• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Looking for brass and dies

Sir, have worked on a number of Savage Axis for customers. The triggers are like pulling a log chain through a knot hole. Get a Rifle Basic trigger for it and it will cure a lot of problems. They are very reasonable in price.

Hey y'all. I recently bought a .243 for my daughter to hunt with. I got it used from a friend. It's a Savage Axis but it is small enough for her to shoot.

Due to the craziness the country is in right now I cannot find ammo for it. Does anybody have any brass, dies, and possibly some bullets that I could buy to load for her?

I know when she opens this in Christmas Day she is gonna want to shoot. I know it's a little late to ask but I thought I'd ask my people here.
I have a 2 die set from Lyman .243 and several bullets; 100 Gr Spitzer, 65 Gr V-Max, 55 Gr Ballistic Silvertip, 70 Gr Sierra HPBT, 95 Gr Nosler Ballistic Tip, 85 Gr Sierra HPBT, 75 Gr V-Max if you are interested sent me your phone number and I will call you.Thanks Steve

I have a ton of loaded ammo, reloading components, unused extra dies and such for 243win, that I would love to send you and help you out for your daughter. Unfortunately, since getting this stuff across the Canadian border to you would be next to impossible due to our ridiculous border restrictions on anything firearms related, I don't think this would even be do-able at the best of times. Sure wish we could see these shipping restrictions get relaxed, since it could really help all the shooting community out, on both sides of the Canada/US border, to be able to more freely transfer firearms, ammo, powder, bullets, brass, and primers between countries. I can't even send a gun down to a good gunsmith in the US, to get it worked on.
Wish I could help you out, Brother!

I have a ton of loaded ammo, reloading components, unused extra dies and such for 243win, that I would love to send you and help you out for your daughter. Unfortunately, since getting this stuff across the Canadian border to you would be next to impossible due to our ridiculous border restrictions on anything firearms related, I don't think this would even be do-able at the best of times. Sure wish we could see these shipping restrictions get relaxed, since it could really help all the shooting community out, on both sides of the Canada/US border, to be able to more freely transfer firearms, ammo, powder, bullets, brass, and primers between countries. I can't even send a gun down to a good gunsmith in the US, to get it worked on.
Mail on both sides is the problem....and of course now COVID.....but there is no problem cross border shopping for ammunition, and components, scopes...etc

Looks like you re about there!! If your daughter is small and you have any concerns in recoil use some H4895 if you end up loading and run about 27-30 grs of powder, depending on bullet weight, and it ll be a hoot for her. 223 or so recoil but still accurate and deadly to 200 yds. Google 'Winchester Youth Loads' and you ll find their data!!

Merry Christmas!

Hey y'all. I recently bought a .243 for my daughter to hunt with. I got it used from a friend. It's a Savage Axis but it is small enough for her to shoot.

Due to the craziness the country is in right now I cannot find ammo for it. Does anybody have any brass, dies, and possibly some bullets that I could buy to load for her?

I know when she opens this in Christmas Day she is gonna want to shoot. I know it's a little late to ask but I thought I'd ask my people here.
Ooutdoor limited in High Point, NC usually has ammo when other sources run dry. Also Midway USA restocks pretty well. Once you get your dies you can neck down 308, 7mm08, 260 rem or any case that is derived from 308 to 243.

Did you get helped? I have once fired brass, bullets, powder and primers— maybe an old set of dies—

I am also in Canada, and I don't think the issue is with the Canadian border, I think it is the US border

I have a thousand or so of once fired and cleaned FC headstamp 243 brass for sale if you or anyone else wants some. $27/100 pieces+ shipping for pp f&f, venmo or usps mo.