Looking for Bottom Metal for a Remington 700 DM Long Action

ww874

Hi all
Would anybody know where I could find the Original Bottom Metal for a Remington 700 DM Long action? Preferably blued. I've seen many variations but I'd like the factory part.
Thanks.

I haven't been able to find 'factory' DM bottom metal for years. Here is the original bottom metal made by Dakota. It's in the white so you'll have to find someone to blue it for you or use Cerakote:

1600230562116.png

Dakota Arms Remington 700 Long Action Detachable Magazine Trigger Guard Assembly,Unfinished

$250.00

Product Description
•••••
Description: Dakota Arms Remington 700 Long Action Detachable Magazine Trigger Guard Assembly,Unfinished. This is a high quality part which will fit Remington 700 Long action rifles with detachable magazines. This part will require fitting and finishing by a qualified gunsmith or custom rifle builder.
Manufacturer: Dakota Arms

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/EMU-CNN004

Thank you for the info. Cost is a bit more than I was looking to spend. This isn't a custom build I just wanted to change over a BDL model I've had for years. Still hoping someone has the original Rem part lying around.

10-4 I have, no luck. I did find a company in Ohio that had them but they wanted $250 also. I think the part cost around $45 when Remington had them in stock so $250 is excessive to me. I actually have a Kwik Klip in the gun now and I gotta say I don't hate it but just like like the original a little better.

The original Rem part is cast metal, then painted.
Honestly, any of the aftermarket options, even aluminium versions are more desirable than the OEM part.

Cheers.
P. S.
All of my builds get PT&G bottom metal, whether a stainless or blued action. They are some of the nicest finished bottom metals out there. I buy them unfinished and they range from $125-199USD. Well worth the money for real steel.

Hi Thanks for the info. I wish someone would make a steel copy of the rem part. The PT&G's are nice but I like the way the rem part doesn't stick out of the bottom of the rifle. it's just a cleaner look to me.

You might try going to your local pawn shop to see if they have a beat up rifle you could buy cheap or inlet the bottom of your stock to make it fit a little more flush .

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.