Looking for Binocular Advice

dan25

Hello. I am looking for the best 10x42 binocular for under $1000. Any input would be helpful. Something fairly lightweight, lifetime warranty, and not too bulky. I know several people like Votex; but give any advice.

Hello. I am looking for the best 10x42 binocular for under $1000. Any input would be helpful. Something fairly lightweight, lifetime warranty, and not too bulky. I know several people like Votex; but give any advice.

Zeiss 10 x 40. I flat outright love mine!

I'm not sure but I think the Khales are on sale at the moment. I really like mine, but there are other people out there with a whole lot more experience than me. I have been using Swarovski 8x32 for 30 years, so the 10X42 Khales is a big deal to me personally.

Maybe in another 30 years, I'll get some new ones. I'm 61 now, so who knows, might make it.

Or under $1K, the Meopta are very good glass, I think considerably better than Vortex. I have a pair of Meopro HD in 8x42. Very impressed in performance and price.

I went with the vortex viper HD 15x50. They were only 4oz heavier then the 10x42. I used them to spot an elk I shot last year at 1200 yards. If I lost them I would buy them again in a heartbeat. You can get them from Amazon for 600

Optics is not an area where I would compromise in the total cost of hunting. there are many decent options but swarovski rangefinder binos are worth the extra money when you consider the time and money you put into hunting. Leica is tremendous too but cannot see any advantages over Swaros for the extra money. This doesn't answer your question I know. Just throwing out there given I have in the past skimped on optics and I now I know it is just better not to. My eyes are far less tired glassing with my swaros, which in turn keeps me on the glass, I see more country faster and more clearly. In low light conditions they are remarkable adding hunting time which you cannot put a price on sometimes. Just a thought but I certainly understand budgetary constraints.

Optics is not an area where I would compromise in the total cost of hunting. there are many decent options but swarovski rangefinder binos are worth the extra money when you consider the time and money you put into hunting. Leica is tremendous too but cannot see any advantages over Swaros for the extra money. This doesn't answer your question I know. Just throwing out there given I have in the past skimped on optics and I now I know it is just better not to. My eyes are far less tired glassing with my swaros, which in turn keeps me on the glass, I see more country faster and more clearly. In low light conditions they are remarkable adding hunting time which you cannot put a price on sometimes. Just a thought but I certainly understand budgetary constraints.

I agree with the exception of USED Swaro VS New Zeiss bino's. The used Swaro's MAY NOT ??...have any sort of replacement to the second hand owner VS the lifetime replacement to the first owner of the Zeiss.

When I bought my Zeiss I had the opportunity to check out over a dozen brands and the only brand that had me stumped was Leica. Any better?...I couldnt tell at all...but they were $1000 MORE expensive and since I was sticking almost $1000 into the Zeiss I figured that was good enough.

Since the man asked about THE BEST he could get for $1000 or less..I steered him onto the Zeiss...True there are many good brands and models but he asked for the BEST ones

Zeiss are a super value and top notch glass. if you want the range finders I really am amazed by the swaros. But ya cant go wrong with the Zeiss glass for sure.

Best to get all of these binos in hand. The best glass in the world isn't worth snot if the ergonomics are off.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.