Looking for Binocular Advice

I recently was able to use a set of 10x42 HD Huskemaw binos for about ten days. All I can say is wow. I was very impressed. I used them side by side with my 10x42 Leicas and I may actually like them a little better. They are slightly more compact and were a better ergonomic fit for me. Having said that I'm not selling my liecas to buy the huskemaws but if I lost the liecas I would buy the huskemaws in a heartbeat rather than spent the thousand plus dollars difference. They have an msrp of $1199 but you may be able to shop around and find them close to your $1000 mark. I think you would have to spend over $2000 to match them.

I went with the used swaro way, picked up a pair of EL 10x42's, excellent shape for $1150, I still have my Leupold 10x42 gold rings that are now going to be used by my son. Side by side not much can touch swaro!

I'd take a serious look at the Kahles pair. My mom has a set and won't let any else touch them - including dad, lol.

Used EL's or Victory HT's are probably the best for the money...New, Meopta HD, Minox (German), are pretty **** good too for the money. Zen Ray ED2 or ED3, at less than $400, might be the best buy of all....

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.