Looking for advice on diy otc archery elk hunt 2021

Highvoltage

I'm looking for someone to point me in a good direction or even walk me through getting an otc backpack archery hunt next year. Looking for a decent state with a chance at any elk. My buddy and I had our mind set on Colorado but are open to anything. Looking for advice on gear, what electronics used, foods packed and anything under the sun that would be beneficial to a good hunt. Our expectations are low but we're gonna have fun and give it our best shot Please feel free to pm me if your willing to chat some. Like I said I'm trying to feel this out and get a good jump on the hunt. We will be traveling from WV. Thanks

highvoltage

Last edited:
Not sure where in CO you were looking at but if you haven't done so already check this years regs a lot changed this year. This year was the first year we had to draw archery tags and you had a choice to put in for public bull, public cow or private either sex. We all got tags but it is something to look at.

Good deal thanks. We're in the planning stages and definitely want to do an otc so well do some digging on the changes. Thanks

If you can get copy of 2020 Reg they list OTC Antlered elk and Either Sex elk Archery tags. They normally do 5yr plan and this yr is start so shouldn't see any changes. They also changed dates this year and lost 5 days archery.

Sounds great, you guys who have done this type of hunt before I'd like to hear about the gear you take as well, tents, bags, water filtration food etc... any advice would be great

Since you are looking at next year, research, research research! By a good quality tent, sleeping bag and pack. Go to hiking stores ask questions. Get fitted for a back pack. It makes a difference. Also how you pack your back pack up. I tried the sleeping bags in the store, got in them and tested fit. I'm 6'3" and most sleeping bags are not wide or long enough. Boots, get a good quality pair. Break them in way before. Your feet will thank you.

I'm looking for someone to point me in a good direction or even walk me through getting an otc backpack archery hunt next year. Looking for a decent state with a chance at any elk. My buddy and I had our mind set on Colorado but are open to anything. Looking for advice on gear, what electronics used, foods packed and anything under the sun that would be beneficial to a good hunt. Our expectations are low but we're gonna have fun and give it our best shot Please feel free to pm me if your willing to chat some. Like I said I'm trying to feel this out and get a good jump on the hunt. We will be traveling from WV. Thanks

highvoltage

I'm looking for someone to point me in a good direction or even walk me through getting an otc backpack archery hunt next year. Looking for a decent state with a chance at any elk. My buddy and I had our mind set on Colorado but are open to anything. Looking for advice on gear, what electronics used, foods packed and anything under the sun that would be beneficial to a good hunt. Our expectations are low but we're gonna have fun and give it our best shot Please feel free to pm me if your willing to chat some. Like I said I'm trying to feel this out and get a good jump on the hunt. We will be traveling from WV. Than
try and find the Oso brothers lew and tony they bow hunt new mexico and airzona for monster bulls