looking for adapter from 5/8x28 to 5/8x24

d11r529

the title says it all, my muzzle brake is threaded 5/8x28 and my suppressor is 5/8x24. Anyone have one to sell or know of someone that can make me one??
Thanks

You'll need to find someone local so the adapter can be matched to the barrel threads properly. If you can't find a local to do the work, you'll have to plan on shipping the entire rifle(s). Stuff like this isn't just a simple as some would like you to believe. The 'bore' of the adapter(s) needs to be parallel to the barrel bore. They only way to insure that is to machine the 'bore' of the adapter while attached to the barrel (provided the threading on the barrel muzzle is parallel to the barrel bore to begin with). The same applies to those 5/8-24 threads, they need to be parallel to the bore. I just finished a couple. Went from 9/16-32 to 5/8-24. It ain't "drop-in"!

How do you adapt the same size OD and different PTI? Changing one or the other is going to wipe out half the threads.

I've tried rethreading a barrel from 16 TPI to 18 TPI (or the other way around, doesn't matter) and it won't work.

the title says it all, my muzzle brake is threaded 5/8x28 and my suppressor is 5/8x24. Anyone have one to sell or know of someone that can make me one??
Thanks

The best way to do this is to cut the 5/8x28 tenon off and re thread to 5/8x24 TPI.

You loose 1/2 to 5/8s of an inch but that changes the velocity very little.

If the caliber is 223, you can turn the 5/8x28 down to 1/2x28 and get a premade bushing that will convert to a 5/8x24 TPI for about $5.00.

You may have to buy a new muzzle brake with 5/8x24 TPI but then you can switch back and forth
between the two.

J E CUSTOM

J E CUSTOM,

Do you have a source for the premade adapters 1/2x28 to 5/8x24? I am very interested in using my suppressor(5/8x24) on sporter weight bbls.

Thanks,
Hoyt

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.