Looking for a wearable GPS

Mc Fraser

Hello,
I never owned a GPS but I'm in the market for one. I do day hunts and the occasional hike. What I'm looking for is a wearable GPS that communicates with an app on my phone via BT to visualize the maps. The ideal GPS unit will be a watch that will show time and a few environmental characteristics and probably most important satellite msgs and rescue automated alerts.
I don't want a full-blown GPS, because like any other electronics I will have to buy another one at some point or it gets outdated. If I can find a unit that only transmits the signal to the phone to an app via BT then I don't have to worry about replacing it for a long time. I replace my phone every 2 years therefore I will always have an up to date device to visualize the maps.

I went with a Dual Electronics XGPS150A Bluetooth GPS Receiver with WAAS. It weighs 1.7 oz. I get 10+ hours on the rechargeable battery. $88 on Amazon. I don't know about messages via satellite.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts