Looking for a trailcam that has exellent image quality and time lapse mode

westcliffe01

I have 3 Moultrie trail cameras and I use them primarily in the plot watcher mode, (basically time lapse photography). What I have been finding is that the compression of the images is so great that compression artifacts make the high native resolution a joke.

For instance, when I shot my opening day buck which was at about 100-150 yards and there were 3 other bucks out there in the field with him, the only reason I know they are bucks from looking at the pictures is because I saw the bucks with my own eyes.

I feel that if the trailcam used less compression, the clarity would be substantially better.

I have 2 M80-XT trail cameras and 1 M80 BLX. The big advantage with the BLX is that it takes C size batteries instead of AA's which offers a HUGE increase in battery life. I have meanwhile added external gel cell batteries to all of my cameras. But I find the picture quality crap from all of them unless the subject is within 20-30 yards.

So what recommendations do you guys have ? I use the trailcams 90% of the year for trying to track coyote activity and so far after tens of thousands of frames, I have one single image of a coyote. After seeing how badly the camera resolves huge 8 point bucks, I suppose I would not even notice a coyote at 100 yards in a field...

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.