Looking for a taxidermist that skipped in Buffalo WY

Jim5351

Anyone had anything to do with a taxidermist by the name of Scott West in Buffalo Wy. ? He was working out of Mills custom Meat in Buffalo last fall. My hunting partner and his wife hunt Mule Deer and Antelope around Buffalo WY every year and had Mills do their meat for the trip back to WA. There was a taxidermist working out of their shop that offered to do a plaque mount of her antelope in trade for the cape from his 5x5 mullie and ship it to him when done, also offered to do his 5x5. My buddy and his wife thought that was a fair trade to do the antelope , and would take the 5x5 home with them and one less set of horns he would have to do when he got home. Three months later no mount yet , so a phone call to Mills to see whats up. The owner of Mills gives my buddy the news that the guy is gone, fired for theft at the shop and also for slealing trophys. He said he sees his kid around town, so he figures he is still around. Any info on the guy would be great , and about worth the drive from Washington to have a little chat with the guy.
icon8.gif

progress.gif

Unreal but I guess it takes all kinds to make the world go round. Sorry to hear this happened. Even if you did find the guy there's probably not much you could do...well at least legally speaking.

Unreal but I guess it takes all kinds to make the world go round. Sorry to hear this happened. Even if you did find the guy there's probably not much you could do...well at least legally speaking.

It doesn't take all kinds to make the world go round!!!!!!!!! We just happen to have all kinds sad to say!!!!!!!!!

I am not a lawyer, but just thinking out loud :)

Some States have a hefty fine for taking a trophy animal without the correct tag.
The VALUE of your trophy should at least equal the "Value" that the State puts on it.

I suspect that that would make stealing your trophy a Felony!
The police may not help you for a misdemeanor, but they might if the ante is raised up to a Felony!

If that person is a homeowner a local lawyer might take the case on a contingency basis if the stakes are high enough!

edge.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.