Looking for a Solid Mobile Rifle Bench???

Howdy from the High Desert . . .

Might anyone have any ideas on a Steady mobile rifle bench? I've seen one in Precision Shooting called a "Rifledock" (probably a website of the same name) -- and I'm wondering if any of you riflemen can comment or share experiences on any mobile benches, either that one or any others??
My situation is that I'm in high desert and need a mobile solid/steady rest (load/rifle testing)in the desert to shoot to a thousand yards (occasionally longer) but the prevailing sagebrush/cactus prevents going prone to be a reliable option.

Any thoughts or feedback greatly appreciated.

Happy New Year!!

Western Rifleman in the desert.

I use one I maid here is a pic
412203-big.jpg

I use a homemade bench similar to Crowmag's. Legs are easily screwed out, and mount to the bottom for transport.

If you use 4 legs (I do) then you really need adjustable length Legs for stability. You can also pitch the table up or down to accomodate shot angles.

The use of a 3 leg table makes the table fairly stable on uneven ground even without adjustable legs but the table top may end up at odd angles.

I use a double 3/4" ply top but you could probably use a single 3/4" ply top with a rigid edge if you needed to save weight.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.