looking for a scope for a 7mm rum

bigrich954rr

looking to spend about 800 my shots could be close or far so what power do u think would be good was looking at leupold 6.5-20vx111 and is there any good places to buy online

I personally would consider one of these 2. The Nikon Monarch 6.5-20x44 or the Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x50. I think that you will get a much better scope for the money with these two.

Jon - How is the turret adjust on the tactical Nikon? I'm thinking it might be to many turns. I thought I read where it was around 15 moa per full turn. Is that alot? I have no experience with a tactical scope but it will probably be my next one. I don't want to spend a lot of time cranking the knobs for the come up. I don't necessarily want a bdc either but I am open to input. Is there a compromise? we have had a lot of discussion recently about bdc's and I think I would like to figure it out in clicks (comeups) but don't want to spend a lot of time trying to ensure I count all the cliks (if you know what I mean). Maybe I'm just not getting it yet, but I want to understand this bdc/vs comeup thing.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.