looking for a new tripod

300 ultra

Looking for a new tripod for under 200 bucks. I am looking at the Cabelas carbon fiber one for $150. I am looking for suggestions and reveiws. thanks

Looking for a new tripod for under 200 bucks. I am looking at the Cabelas carbon fiber one for $150. I am looking for suggestions and reveiws. thanks

first of all goto a good camera store and look to see what they have (I'm assuming your talking about mounting a scope on it). Then go on Ebay in the camera section and see what's there. I use a Monfretto with a claw mount head (ball type). I bought the ball head off Ebay for about forty dollars, and I now couldn't live with out it. Carbon fiber is nice, but really no better than metal legs. It's there to save weight. I have about $175 in my tripod, head, and claw adapters altogether when I bought it all off Ebay.
gary

Len:
How is the Vanguard tripod with a spotting scope on it in the wind? I have an old photo tripod that is heavy and it does not do well in high winds. It likes to vibrate and looking thou the scope you just can't see good because of the vibration. I use mine a lot spotting for other people in comp. and just at the range but in the SD wind it plays hell with it. I though I needed a heavier tripod but I don't know. SD winds blow hard, it helps if I put my hand on the tripod but I don't like doing that because i think I might put a little shake into it also. I don't like touching it if I can help it.

Thanks
Lefty Lucas

Innorel ST344c and their 66lb ball head. The pair come in around 300 bucks. I've put the setup against RRS and found them very competitive and ridiculously strong. I hanged my 170lbs butt from the ST344c with nary a creak.

It's not information for OP... Some people use the search feature. Updated info is helpful especially when the savings is A THOUSAND DOLLARS.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.