looking for a new rifle

looking to find a light weight, deer, varmint rifle in 243/243ai w/8tw bbl. Short of going full custom, would like to find a production piece in said features. Dont really mind paying for a higher end{Cooper,Bergara,etc} but unable to find what I want. Any help, suggestions much appreciated. thank you in advance.
Check on the Barrett Fieldcraft it's light and I know the 7-08 comes with an 8 twist

6 Creed is a fine and underappreciated round. I got 3150 from mine in 26" 7.5 twist with RL17 using 103 ELD-X without trying and drilled bug holes. I believe the Reloader 26 would be even better with heavier bullets, as would even RL23. I see 3200 plus being entirely feasible. Only issue for OP is the cartridge has quickly fallen out of favor with manufacturers. To find one ready to shoot with 26" pipe will be a $2k or more proposition. The good news is the brass and ammo has outlived the production of rifles. The 6 Creed doesn't get any love, but gives significant improvement over the 243 and the barrel lasts longer than either the 243 or 240 Wby, as it uses less powder than either. The extra the 243 AI the OP gives over the standard 243 is enough to just a put equal the 6 Creedmoor, and theoretically gives enough barrel life savings to equal or better the 6 Creedmoor. BUT, the fact that you have to shoot an AI twice for every formed round you send downrange, which more than negates the gain in barrel life. The only reason to Ackley improve is for a gain in performance. There is no gain in performance over the 6 Creedmoor by Ackley Improving the 243... plus it's a lot of extra work and range time. However, to each his own. If someone has always wanted a certain caliber or configuration, then they should certainly buy or build exactly what they want. I would just caution to pay attention to balance, weight, portability, optimal barrel length and twist.

Check on the Barrett Fieldcraft it's light and I know the 7-08 comes with an 8 twist
This x100 if you want an ultralight tack driver. My 25-06 is a ragged hole tack driver with 115gr BSTs and runs them to 3300ft/s with 24" barrel. The stock is indestructible. The .25-06 has a 1:9 Twist. The short action models come with a 21" barrel. Long actions come with 24" pipes. The 6.5x55 is included with the long actions. I believe they have both a 243 and a 6 Creedmoor in fast twists, but with 21" barrels. Also a 22-250 fast twist. The Fieldcraft is the remnant of Melvin Forbes' design and are made, I believe, on his tooling purchased and moved from his Maine headquarters after his partners excluded him from his own business and ran it into the ground. These are the real deal, and now made in Tennessee. Good luck finding one now... the secret is out. Barrett has a combat-type weapon also called the Fieldcraft. That's confusing, but a glance will show the difference quickly. Also, Melvin went back to work at his place, and was still making rifles to order as of a year or so ago.

looking to find a light weight, deer, varmint rifle in 243/243ai w/8tw bbl. Short of going full custom, would like to find a production piece in said features. Dont really mind paying for a higher end{Cooper,Bergara,etc} but unable to find what I want. Any help, suggestions much appreciated. thank you in advance.
One of these days I WILL go visit the gunsmith and plan/order a 250 AI. Thanks for the bump in initiative!

Just sent email and spec request to Cooper arms. Will post results
good luck getting a reply from Cooper I own 2 and they shoot great but 2 weeks ago sent in an email requesting info on my 6.5-284 with serial number and purchase date and so far no answer,love the rifles but previous questions got nowhere with them

good luck getting a reply from Cooper I own 2 and they shoot great but 2 weeks ago sent in an email requesting info on my 6.5-284 with serial number and purchase date and so far no answer,love the rifles but previous questions got nowhere with them
Been talking with associate at cooper, 12-15 months out on new orders. Have some rifles in stock,just not what I want. Probably going to look for a donor gun and go that route.

go the custom route and check out the actions that Mack Bros in Sturgis SD make alone with a Benchmade barrel and a McMillan stock you would be in good shape, Travis Stevens at TS Custom in Miller SD 605-870-1567 has built 2 of mine and does fantastic work

Nothing comes to mind with a factory 8t barrel, but I wish! I have always admired the AI's and a 28", 243AI in 7t (for 110gn and up) is on my wish list, as is a .22-250AI (7t).
Savage makes rifles in the 6mmCM w/8t barrels. Not a CM fan but a .243AI reamer might would clean up a 6CM chamber but most gunsmiths discourage re-chambering factory barrels. You could always buy the rifle you want (Cooper, Bergara) and have it rebarreled right away and sell the factory tube. Not sure but Cooper might even build you a .243AI, 8t from the git-go. That would be sweet! Good luck and keep us up to date with your search.
I love my .300 Norma mag to the point of buying a second one. I can hit 18in target from one mile about half the time. I can hit a 3 inch disk from 800 yards reliably. Custom gun I put together for half the price of an AI. KRG Whiskey 3 chassis, 28in Bartlein barrel, Timney trigger, Tangent Theta 525 scope. I shoot .33inch MOA easily if I've been dryfiring at home a lot. Custom bullets from Unknown Munitions.