Looking for a new caliber please help. Lol

For reliability, quality finish, and best likelihood of getting a good shooting factory rifle, go with a short action cartridge Tikka. The factory stock is much stiffer than others and the trigger is very crisp with no creep and can be adjusted down to 2.5lbs.

I have heard the Ruger American shoots well

Tikka t3 in a6.5 creed or even better .260 Remington.

I am getting more sold on Tikka. This is my dads CTR in 260 Remington. I was doing load development for it mast weekend. I have had my Vanguard shiot like this too, but this Tikka has me intrigued.

Attachments

• 20200802_095931.jpg
    20200802_095931.jpg
    754 KB · Views: 93
Of the rifles/chambering you mentioned in your op, I would likely favor the 257 Weatherby. But, I would probably try to find a deal on one with some sexy walnut. Yea yea, dings and scratches, wood moves, blah blah blah. 🙄 I can hear all the nay-sayers warming up. All of these so-called issues are easily addressed/remedied.

In the alternative, get a great after-market synthetic/composite stock. Save your money and hold out for the rifle that trips your trigger. 👍

I would go 6.5 PRC. In that price range I'd buy a tikka. Otherwise I'd buy a Zermatt Origin and get a prefit barrel.

For whatever it's worth, since you already own a Savage, stick with it, get another 110, they offer the different caliber choices you've mentioned.

When I buy a rifle I buy what I like. No disrespect to anyone but I'm the one shooting it so I pick a rifle I like the look and feel of, if it don't look and feel good to me I'm not going to like it no minder what any one says. Same with cartridge/caliber, I look at what I'm wonting and the ballistics and chose the one that really drawls me to it.
So with all that said, if you really like the look and feel of a Weatherby, GET IT. If the 6.5 PRC really calls to you GET IT.

Yep! This is why "I" never ask what rifle to buy or build.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts