looking for a gunsmith

GW Hunter

Can anyone recommend a good 'smith for a custom build of something comparable to a Cooper Timberline or Christensen Arms Traverse in the Sacramento, Calif. area? Thanks in advance...

The only person I can recommend in California is Mike R @ TACops, have had one of his rifles and it was very impressive.... 310-275-8797 I have done business with him and he was great to work with.[/USER]

Last edited:
Ok, just found out he didn't use someone locally. He used Lane Precision Rifles out of Idaho. Sorry. I've asked a few other friends to see if anyone knows of a good local gunsmith............I'll let you know if I they have someone for you.

Ok, just found out he didn't use someone locally. He used Lane Precision Rifles out of Idaho. Sorry. I've asked a few other friends to see if anyone knows of a good local gunsmith............I'll let you know if I they have someone for you.
I appreciate that...

I'd call shaen rifles, he's in Bishop though. He has a great reputation, could ship or drive to him. He has a website. Otherwise pm me, have other recommendations, but you're going to have to ship to Colorado or Idaho.

I also recommend Spartan, they have great looking rifles, most their stuff is more tactical, but I'm SURE they could build a hunting rifle nicely as well!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.