Looking for a gunsmith in idaho

frankidaho

I am looking for a gunsmith in the Northern Idaho - Spokane, WA area to accurize a browning A- blot. Can anyone recommend one for me.

Try Shawn Carlock at Defensive Edge. He is in Rathdrum. Lots of excellent feedback here and when i get my 300 will have him do the brake.

Mike

Shawn would be my first choice too. You might also try talking to Eric at Mountain Shadow Arms on hwy 2. Brocks might also work.

Shawn at Defensive Edge has done triggers on 4 of my rifles, installed one of his brakes on my 7MM and built me a 338 EDGE. He and his dad are top notch folks to deal with and do great work.

Shawn in Rathdrum is absolutely the best!! I had 5 brakes put on by him before he moved from Lewiston id. absolutely great workmanship!!

Last edited:
I know Shawn too and he's a fine gunsmith. He will put a brake on your rifle and maybe do other limited work to it. But he is primarily a gun builder and not a general gunsmith for rifles that he did not build. If you ask him to do extensive work to your rifle, don't be surprised if he tells you that.

Try bull creek arms in Hayden lake they have web site bullcreekarms.com 208-691-1043. They do general gunsmithing to redoing antique firearms. Talked a gentleman name of mike yesterday that was very helpful and they were recommended by the range officer at atlas gun range he said they do good work and reasonable rates. There is Jim's gunsmithing on Government way north of Hayden lake. There is another behind Shopko in CDA ID but only there on weekends. Then brocks on Division in spok and I believe another in the Hilliard area of spok but don't remember the name.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.