Looking for a good reasonable priced hunt

hesse

Hi guys looking for some recommendations for a Antelope hunt 2019 for me and my 14 year old daughter don't have to be record book bucks just quality bucks. Thanks for any help you can get me

Buy a preference point in Wyoming now (I think they're still available) and put in for the draw next year. Should be able to draw a decent unit with one preference point, and no need to pay for an outfitter.

Buy a preference point in Wyoming now (I think they're still available) and put in for the draw next year. Should be able to draw a decent unit with one preference point, and no need to pay for an outfitter.
How possible is it for someone without any local knowledge to hunt antelope out there? I love the idea of it but coming from Florida it would be a big trip to be looking in the wrong place.

How possible is it for someone without any local knowledge to hunt antelope out there? I love the idea of it but coming from Florida it would be a big trip to be looking in the wrong place.

First time I did it, I drove up from Georgia. First time ever hunting out west, and we had all four tags filled (two buck, two doe) in two days. Buck tags were both filled by noon of the first day. It's the easiest DIY western hunt you'll find, just do your research before applying for a unit.

First time I did it, I drove up from Georgia. First time ever hunting out west, and we had all four tags filled (two buck, two doe) in two days. Buck tags were both filled by noon of the first day. It's the easiest DIY western hunt you'll find, just do your research before applying for a unit.
Did you draw a unit without any preference points?

Yes. First year I got a special tag with no PP, second and third years I got general, normal prices tags. There are units you can draw with no preference points that have ok (not good, but ok) public land access and plenty of antelope.

Yes. First year I got a special tag with no PP, second and third years I got general, normal prices tags. There are units you can draw with no preference points that have ok (not good, but ok) public land access and plenty of antelope.

That's encouraging. I'll be putting in this year with some friends and we will have absolutely zero preference points. Just looking to get out and fill a few tags. Thanks.

Get a good gps and balm maps or down loads for gps. It is a must to be accurate on hunting areas. You do not want to wander on to private property In Wyoming. There are not any boundary marking like there is here in the south

Thanks

Buck

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.