Looking for a good load for 300 wsm

WESTCOASTERONE

So got a new rifle nothing special, Weatherby Vangaurd 300 wsm, looking for a good load using the ton of imr 4350 I have stored. New caliber for me, got 150 new remington cases , and using the Horaday 180s I have a bunch of. looking for a good load to take deer hunting not looking for super stuff here just some under 1 inch 3 shot groups at a 100 yds. Anything someone want to share would be great, Thanks in advance.

Most say they find pressure with 66grns Imr 46350 I set mine .015" off the lands and use 68.5grns but they will not fit in the mag of a SA vanguard at that length, with that said id load them to fit the mag and start at about 63grns without a magnum primer, cci br2s, 200s, or fed 210s work good.

65.0grs of IMR-4350 shoots really good out of my 300WSM with 165gr bullets.I have not shot any 180gr bullets yet in mine,but I'd start at 63.0grs and work up.A lot of the published loads are too hot for my rifle,it's a Rem. 700 CDL.Mine has a short throat,so I have to really pay attention to my seating depth.This is probably why I have to stay a little below max.Other than that,the 300WSM is a great shooting rifle.Just be careful a slowly work your way up because every rifle is different.

Thanks guys needed a little jump start here !! Been away for while, feel like starting all over again, lot of knowlage on this forum and seems to be some guys that are willin to help a guy out !! Thanks Again !!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.