Looking for a good gps???????

Most of the current Garmin models can work with remote antennas such as the ones made for autos and boats. They are relatively low profile and would also work as an external backpack antenna...or mount it to a hat ;)

Some of the older model Garmins (GPS II, III, V) have a removable antenna and a patch cable used to be available to turn it into a remote antenna.

I've Used a Garmin Etrex for many years along with a Delorme Earthmate GPS unit for the laptop and a Garmin Nuvi350 for the Vehicles. I like the simplicity of the Etrex but the antena is a little weak(has trouble with Heavy cloud cover or trees)
BB offers some good advise=Always have a map and cumpass for backup!! I've learned the hard way that electronics dont make up for keeping an eye out for where you have ben or want to go. These days about all I rely on them for is setting waypoints and finding a place to eat or get gas.

That's a good point. I will be bringing maps and a compass. Have you guys ever gotten maps from Hunt Data from the CO website. I was checking them out last night and they looked pretty nice. You can print your unit that you are hunting. Are there any other map sites that I could check out for CO?
Also I still haven't heard if anyone has used the bushnell onix 400 yet. I'd like to get some feedback if you have used it. Those garmins look good though.

I've been looking at those Big game CD's also and they sound great! That would be a perfect b-day present for me in a couple months. I was wondering, do you have to buy a new CD every year, or can you get updates through the internet.

Well thanks for the info

I have the Garmin 76csx and love it!Be prepared to buy additional maps with it though,the maps that come with it are worthless in my opinion.I bought the TOPO map and City Navigator,they are a must if you want to fully utilize the devise.

Hey Tenn,
That rhino is the one that you can see your buddies right? Do you know if there are any deals out there for buying more than one or do you know of any good deals out there period. Cabelas has it listed for $500 That's just for 1. I don't think I could talk my buddies into getting one each. I wouldn't mind but I'm still shopping and comparing.

What are some features that you like about it?

Thanks for the input.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.