Looking for a folding leather ammo slide/carrier

Alibiiv

I could use some help from the forum membership. I usually carry a Glock 20 while I am black bear hunting, however with the current administration I am not sure if that will be possible. I usually hunt a ground blind, the primary gun is a 35 Whelen, however.......having something extra is comforting, especially up close and intimate. So......with that said the plan is that I will be carrying the old 6 round Smith and Wesson model 19 if carrying the G20 cannot be used. I am trying to find a folding, leather ammo slide that holds at least 10-12 .357 magnum rounds, however cannot seem to find what I am looking for. I don't want the 6 round 2X2 holder, speed loaders, a pouch that holds speed strips, or an ammo slide that has the ammo exposed. I'd like to find a folding (preferably leather) ammo slide, but......just keep striking out with the custom leather makers. I know there's a bunch of resourceful members here, any suggestions would be appreciated. I know there's got to be a company out there who makes them. Thank you for your help.

I could use some help from the forum membership. I usually carry a Glock 20 while I am black bear hunting, however with the current administration I am not sure if that will be possible. I usually hunt a ground blind, the primary gun is a 35 Whelen, however.......having something extra is comforting, especially up close and intimate. So......with that said the plan is that I will be carrying the old 6 round Smith and Wesson model 19 if carrying the G20 cannot be used. I am trying to find a folding, leather ammo slide that holds at least 10-12 .357 magnum rounds, however cannot seem to find what I am looking for. I don't want the 6 round 2X2 holder, speed loaders, a pouch that holds speed strips, or an ammo slide that has the ammo exposed. I'd like to find a folding (preferably leather) ammo slide, but......just keep striking out with the custom leather makers. I know there's a bunch of resourceful members here, any suggestions would be appreciated. I know there's got to be a company out there who makes them. Thank you for your help.
Couldn't find any leather pouches but did find this. If all else fails it could be used as a pattern for a leather pouch.
https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/unc...rounds-nylon-black-88441/FC-043699884414.html
Alphonso's used to make exactly what you're looking for but I checked their site and didn't see any. To bad; they were some nice looking pouches. You might want to contact them and ask though.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp...........

Last edited:
Couldn't find any leather pouches but did find this. If all else fails it could be used as a pattern for a leather pouch.
https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/unc...rounds-nylon-black-88441/FC-043699884414.html
Alphonso's used to make exactly what you're looking for but I checked their site and didn't see any. To bad; they were some nice looking pouches. You might want to contact them and ask though.

I thank you for this thread, this is one of those sites where I struck out. Although the Alfonso cartridge holder was quite pricey, I would have sprung for it had it not been sold out.

I thank you for this thread, this is one of those sites where I struck out. Although the Alfonso cartridge holder was quite pricey, I would have sprung for it had it not been sold out.
It must be the Hunter's equivalent to a LouisVuitton purse for women.....maybe u can go to Dodge City KS (or some other manly sounding place) and pick up a fake from a street vendor. Lol.

International Handgun leather. He stocks an 8 round one for .357. I've had this guy make me a couple of custom holsters. Great work. I'd bet my paycheck if you don't like the standard one, he will make you anything you can think up in a month or so. Maybe more now with all that is going on. He's a good guy.

If Alphono's doesn't make them anymore I would go with the fabric one if it basically does what you want. A cheap starter unit.
Then after you've used it for a while find someone that works with leather and have one made with any little additions or adjustments you come up with from your experience with the fabric one. More capacity, different fastener (Velcro doesn't work real well if you're trying to be quiet), outside pouch pocket, whatever.
A nice leather one is likely to be pricey anyway so you might as well have one custom made exactly the way you want it.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.