Looking for a drop camp caribou hunt

I believe Northern Air Trophy is still operating out of Kotzebue. I've never hunted it but had a guy in the shop who "didn't guide" there but showed the visitors where the caribou were. They've taken a lot of good caribou, moose and browns out of there

Hello i am looking to do a caribou hunt in Alaska with 2 of my friends, Could someone give me a nudge in the right direction for information on how to get tags,.... and maps of areas....etc... Thanks

I killed the bull in my avatar from a drop camp out of Kotzebue through Artic Air last September. I think it was around $5k. They were a decent air service. But definitely dick you around on the flights in and out of the field though. But they all do from what we heard from other people. They just try to be efficient with flying people in and picking people up at the same time.

Buy your tags a Walmart and find a map service for the area you want to hunt and order them. And if you're curious of the price of the license and tags (and how they're applied to game) take a look at the Alaska Dept of Fish and Game website. It'll be under "nonresident hunting tags and licenses".

Nobody has posted on this in several years. Has anyone done a caribou drop camp where they rented the camp gear and had a good experience? Looking to be pointed in the right direction
Went with RAM aviation out of Kotzebue in September 2021.

Attachments

• 1BB459F8-D433-4D54-9042-245E1F0FEBDA.jpeg
    1BB459F8-D433-4D54-9042-245E1F0FEBDA.jpeg
    465.2 KB · Views: 147