Looking for a deer lease in Tx...

ButtersDad

Looking for a new deer lease this year, lost the lease I had last year and in need of a new one. Looking for something with management minded hunters within 5hrs of Houston tx. Thanks guys

tempImageBFSqXu.png

Going by past leases I've done you might need 4 or 5 people to pay for it. Option 2 is lease it and have others pay for hunting like an outfitter does. I'm almost 600+ miles from Houston and still in Texas if you want to talk?

Most of the leases around mine in Webb County are running $14/ac to $18/ac depending on the camp amenities. $14/ac is no running water or housing. I know of one or two spots that may still be open but they're both over $10,500 plus feed annually, all low fence and MLD. Let me know and I'll put you in contact.

Wow - the cost of hunting leases (pretty much unheard of in the northeast, AFAIK) is incredible. A few years ago, I was driving 1 hour and paying $100/day for hotel & meals, and I gave that up as too expensive. I only hunt locally now.

Looking for a new deer lease this year, lost the lease I had last year and in need of a new one. Looking for something with management minded hunters within 5hrs of Houston tx. Thanks gu
Looking for a new deer lease this year, lost the lease I had last year and in need of a new one. Looking for something with management minded hunters within 5hrs of Houston tx. Thanks guys

View attachment 331202
Did you find a spot? We're looking as well. Have a lead on a small hunt club. It's only 500 acres, but it's only fro 5 hunters.... we'll see.

Ended up just buying during the crazy low interest rates. Figure put my money in my own place rather than fix up someone else's on my dime.