Looking for a concentricity gauge

I just got my Necco gage today on UPS. After just 30 hour of messing around, it sems to be pretty quick and easy to set-up. The manual is pretty good with lots of pictures.

Hey Folks,
I'm looking to buy a concentricity gauge to add to the loading bench. I'm not a match shooter so I'm not dealing with tight fitting chambers and turned necks. I do however load to the best possible accuracy I can get from my guns and spend quite a bit of time at the range working on load development. I may start turning necks to at least even the thickness of the necks making checking for concentricity possible after seating bullets. I've seen several advertised that do many jobs from measuring wall thickness to checking necks after seating bullets. I'm wondering if there's an all around gage that either does it all or is the best compromise of what's practical for what I will use it for. Thanks for any input you guys may have.
Phil in Anchorage!

IF interested, there is a Sinclair concentricity gauge for sale on E-Bay.

Ron Tilley

Hi, I have a NECO with the GEM dial indicator, box and manual that I would sell for $175 shipped. Let me know if you are interested via e-mail. Thanks.
p.s. I have a pic available.

Last edited:
[bajabill] I use the RCBS, and also use the other features such as neck thickness and check for thinout near the base. I dont know what functions roughly, but maybe my eyes have not been opened to those.[]

Have you tried the Sinclair?

Re: 30 hours for set up?

I just got my Necco gage today on UPS. After just 30 hour of messing around, it seems to be pretty quick and easy to set-up. The manual is pretty good with lots of pictures.

Just 30 hours of messing around and that seems pretty quick and easy to set up? Yikes! I think I'll keep my RCBS model.

I use the Sinclair with a 10 thousandths dial indicator. Got tired of burning my eyeballs out reading 1-4 thou. Sinclair model is great unless your cases have dings in the shoulder area.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.