Looking for a bullet

I have two factory Remington 700s. I believe they are one in 10 twist, I am looking for a bullet suggestion for a 7 MM -08 and 243. Not exactly long-range rifles, and not the desired twist rate to shoot to heavys what would be a good bullet type and weight. I'd like to get out to at least 600 yards, maybe more if the bullet will stabilize. I plan on shooting Whitetail deer, Coyotes and groundhogs. Any suggestions
I have a savage mod. 11 in 243 win. I have shot out 700 yds. Useing sierra 95 gr .match king.befor the farmer started putting his crop.

I am shooting a custom 243 ackley improved. I have shot 95 Berger classic hunters, 95gr nosler bt, 87gr VLd and the new 90gr Sierra game changer. All will hammer whatever I shoot with them out to the 600 yards you are shooting for. I have found that the sierras are the best bullet for me!! The very first load I tried was 5/8" at 200 yards. Never looked back. You Might give them a look.

My 7-08 is a custom 700 with a 24" Bartlein 1-9. Just had it out yesterday shooting steel to 800 (all the mirage would allow here in the south). I've killed numerous whitetail all with bang-flop results in the last 3 years using the Nosler 150gr Ballistic Tip Hunting over a dose of IMR4166.

I have a Weatheby Vangaurd S2 .243 Win with a 1:10" twist barrel. The best bullet I've found is the Berger 95gr Classic Hunter. Second best is the Hornady 95gr SST. Both shoot very accurately out to 950yd but for hunting the max practical range is going to be limited by energy to 600yd.

Pick a bullet that shoots well in you rifle. I have Berger's Noslers and Sierras and they all kill games you mentioned. I wouldn't hesitate to use any of those if they shoot well in my rifle

If the better BC bullets are off the table, then velocity is your best friend. I'd look close at the 70 grain Hammer Hunter for the .243. 3500 fps looks achievable.

In the 7-08 I'd look to the 131 Hammer Hunter, you might get to 3200 fps.

I didn't run the math, but 1800 fps terminal velocity will be the best indicator for how far.

Something more fragile to avoid skipping might be indicated for ground hog. The 6mm BlitzKings 70 grains have worked well for me. Makes a good coyote round as well.
I'll cast another vote for the Hammer bullets. Best hunting bullet out there.

139 barnes lrx will stabilize in your factory barrel, and is a GREAT bullet for the 7-08. If you want more speed, the 120 nosler ballistic tip is a great choice....it uses the same jacket as the 140 but shortened, resulting in a much heavier jacket....REALLY stout little bullet.

I'd second the 7 mm 08 and the 120 gr ballistic tip. Have not got to shoot any animal with them yet but they will make tiny little groups for me for sure. For the 243 I've always shot 100 gr partitions out of the ol lady's and it is a deer busting son o gun .

We are getting 3700 fps with the 70g Hammer Hunter in .243 win with a good dose of rl16. The 7-08 will run about 3150 fps with the 131g Hammer Hunter (a bit faster with longer barrels) With Varget. Both of these combos are for the 10" twist barrels and should do everything you are looking for.

In my 243 I'm using the 90 gr Accubonds. They do this at 500 yards:
FfJaDDP.jpg

In my last 7mm-08 I used the 140 Nosler Ballistic Tips out to 400. I'm just now working on my new 7mm-08 and I'll use the same bullet.

Have used with good success Berger 87 gr vld's & Nos 95 gr ballistic tips in front of H4350 and fed GM210M out of my 243 sps and tikka's, both sub Moa results, have 2 7-08's and they both do well on the hornady 162 gr eld's and varget, fed GM210M's also buck the wind great at the longer distances, tikka's and Winchester there, don't have a remmy in that one but they both do well on that combination, good luck with your efforts
Do you like the H4350 more than IMR4350 in the 243 if so why. And how well do the bullets do in the 243grouo and terminal of you please

Do you like the H4350 more than IMR4350 in the 243 if so why. And how well do the bullets do in the 243grouo and terminal of you please
Have used very little of the IMR but kegs of hodgons because I've always had good results, my loads for the burgers and noslers will shoot .5 moa out of my semi-custom sps if I hold my mouth right, I kill paper with them mostly but the few deer and dogs that have held still long enough they performed very well, my hunting rifles open up a little with them but are still right around the .9's I'd recommend either bullet and that powder combination for thin skinned medium sized game here in the lower 48

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.