Looking for a bonded 180 grain 7mm bullet

• Thread starter Deleted member 25294
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 25294

Does anyone know of a quality bonded 180 grain 7mm bullet? I really like partitions but they're 175's, I shoot 180 ELD-M's and want a 180 grain bullet that will stand up to close range impacts on elk, i.e. shoulder shots etc..
I hunt mixed timber and open areas and my method is to have the bonded bullet in the chamber and the long range bullets in the mag.

Don't know of any. Why do you need the extra 5gr?

If you are concerned about meat damage, what about a 150-160gr monolithic?

I like the idea of dual loading. Personally I fill my mag with the tough bullets. If I need a round in a hurry, it'll be one of those. It's easy to single feed on top. I'm by no means an LR expert, but in my experience those shots require a bit more time to setup.

Last edited:
Thanks guys!
I'm wanting to keep it close to 180 so I can still reach out to about 200 yards without difference in POI. I suppose 5 grains wont make much difference..
I'll check out the Hammers

Thanks guys!
I'm wanting to keep it close to 180 so I can still reach out to about 200 yards without difference in POI. I suppose 5 grains wont make much difference..
I'll check out the Hammers
The bullet design could well make more difference in poi than the weight at times. I wouldn't get caught up in the weight too much until you check them out. The Swift scirocco is an awfully good bullet if they will shoot in your rifle.

175gr Nosler Accubond LR

5gr less than what you're asking for but bonded

175gr Nosler Accubond LR

5gr less than what you're asking for but bonded
I've heard really bad things about the accubond LR bullets, it seems they fragment explosively at high velocity

Berger's hold together better if you load them butt-end first!
Also, if you miss. Good weight retention if you miss! :D

I almost forgot... The Bergers I've shot that have failed to expand on game...
They held their weight just as well as the misses. 100% weight retention. Even the Dall's ram was trying to sort it out, like a dog with head canted to the side... Say what???

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.